14: The crystal

???: AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

A scream echoes my ears as someone was sent flying to a tree.

???: Liz!

A girl called out while running to the person who I figured was Liz and she kneed down to her.

Liz: Run! It'll kill you!

???: I ain't leaving you!

Liz: Please!

Suddenly, the creature appeared in front of them and lift the sword looking thing it had and swung it down at the girls. Before it hit, I appeared and use my shield to block it. They look at me in surprise and I look up at the creature.

Connor: Nice try asshole.

I swung my arm, pushing back the sword and it went to the side and before it used it again, I place the barrel of my gun on it and fire, shooting through it. It stepped back and turn to the side, wanting to run but I spit acid venom on it, melting it.

Connor: Done...

I move my helmet down and turn to the girls.

Connor: You two alright?

They nod, I then notice a wound on one of their legs along with others from the fight. I take out my water bottle with the holy crystal and hand it to them.

Connor: Here...this'll heal your wounds.

They look at each other and me for a moment before accepting the drink and took turns drinking, making the holy water heal their wounds and they hand it to me.

Liz: It works great...what's in it?

Connor: Holy crystal...it makes a type of water that you can drink to be highdrated and to heal any wound as long as you drink it fast enough or else it will become a scar.

They look at me in amazement

Liz: But holy crystals are rare and unable to get unless you go somewhere you can easily die from the monsters and stuff!

Connor: Huh...guess I got lucky.

They gave me this look as if they didn't believe or trust me.

Connor: What? 

They didn't answer

Connor: Anyway...come on, lets get you somewhere safe.

They nod and got up on their feet and we left.

Later

We got to town and walk around while people looked at us, mainly me. We walked through the town and eventually got to a inn. Since we don't need to sleep here, it isn't exactly needed to go to a inn but its like a save point for if you go on a adventure that leads you to not want to go all the way back to the start and go through all that again.

Liz: So...what are you doing here?

Connor: Well, I was asked to help someone who I owe.

Liz: Who is that?

Connor: I didn't get his name, but he had my back and asked me to...

I take out a small vace from my invatory

Connor: He is right here...he wasn't a player from the real world so he isn't coming back...since I owed him, I promised him I would spread his ashes to where he wanted them spread...and it was far from where the players spond so I had to stay in inns and stuff.

They look at me with this sorry look.

???: I'm sorry...

Connor: Its alright...anyway, my name is Connor, what's yours?