Chapter 19

Nosa's house, Benin City, Nigeria

Iyobosa

10:52 pm

"Wow so Osa could be this wicked and kill a pregnant lady?"

After my mom, my own mom disowned me, Nosa and his family decided they would take me in. My family and their family used to be real close but when my father died everything changed.

I decided to tell Nosa the story,my story of my experience in America. He was one of my good friends in school and I always could trust him. It's just a shame I could trust him more than I could trust my own blood family.

We were currently sitting on the front yard porch viewing the late night shops that were open while discussing.

"Well, she said she didn't. I'm still heart broken that a person I called my friend would sleep with my boyfriend and then I go find out he's married with kids. It felt like someone stabbed me in my chest. Probably someone stabbing me in my chest would feel better."

"Don't say that Iyobosa. What happened to believing in yourself , you are not that same Iyobosa .. I .. I.." he then paused.

"You what?" I then asked him. I was curious as to what he had to say.

"I love you ..."

He WHAT? Never did I think Nosa liked me much less love me. That explains his attachment to me all these years. His closeness. His protection over me during our secondary school days.

I just didn't know what to say. I was speechless and confused. I just didn't want to seem selfish and keep quiet but another thing is I wanted to be sincere to myself.

"What do you say to that?" he continued.

"I.. I .. Dont know what to say."

"You don't know what to say? So you're saying you don't love me ?" He then asked.

"No .. That's not it-"

"It's okay.. I understand."

Nosa then rose up and made his way inside the house.

I felt bad. I really did. But I promised myself to always be sincere and I guess I was. I don't love him. I don't know what love is.

*******
The next morning

Burna's Office, Victoria Island, Lagos Nigeria

Burna

9:45 a.m

"You called me sir?"

Olamide thought he would get away with this. He thought wrong. I will kill him and end him if he doesn't take his time. I want to teach him a lesson, he'll never forget. After the day he nearly knocked me out, I was rushed to the hospital where they declared that I needed stitches for the broken part of my jaw. Now thanks to him, I have an ugly mark on my face remembering me of that day. I hate him with all my guts. I swear I do.

"Take a seat."

"Okay sir."

I hired more security because I was thinking of a plan to get back at Olamide. I didn't want him dead but I wanted to teach him a good lesson which is why I called in my security , Ernest so we could talk about my idea.

"I called you in here so we could talk about my plan , you know with Olamide... I.. I want you and the rest to kidnap him. Kidnap him and bring him back to the warehouse. Before that, I want you to watch his every move. Be where he is at his every move. I will tell you the time, to do the plan. Okay?"