Regrets

Joshua's POV:

I woke to alarms blaring. As I stumbled out of bed and put on my armour, A voice came over the speakers,

"Project Britain, Make your way to the meeting room immediately!"

I stepped out of my room and greeted Jordan and Lianna. On our way there, Harry and Joe joined us from the Training room. Agent Brock (Harry) and London (Joe) had been been working as a team with us for about five months now and we have become good friends. 

We filed into the meeting room and stood to attention. The director motioned us to stand at ease. When we had, he started.

"Agents! I have gathered you here for your first mission! Your mission is to recover some information from a facility, it is on a chip that looks similar to this, here he held up a chip, and bring it back to me."

As he said all this he pushed a small chip across the table and I picked it up. We nodded and he continued.

"You will be dropped close to the facility and the pilot will tell you where the rendezvous will be. You have an hour to get ready. You are dismissed!"

The first thing I did before the mission was go down to the bar. As the doors swung back on their hinges, everyone looked up as I strode towards the bar and sat on a stool. 

"Can I have a pint and leave the bottle." 

The bartender nodded and it appeared next to me. I downed the pint quickly and then moved onto the bottle. I kept rerunning the scene in my head. There was no way I could save her right?

After about fifteen minutes, Wash came over and sat next to me. 

"What's up with you?" He said softly.

I looked up and replied that I had a mission in about 30 mins. He looked shocked and said I shouldn't be drinking before a mission. I just turned back to drinking and he signaled York to get Jordan and Lianna.

I was drinking still when they arrived fifteen minutes later looking worried. 

Jordan saw me slumped over the bar with the bottle in my hand and ran over, followed by Lianna.

"Josh, come on! Get up!" They tried to pull me away. I shook them off.

"Go without me. I'll mess it up for you."

They sighed and said,"Josh, you have to come because we need you to lead us."

I shook my head and ask,"Why?"

"You're the best member of the squad. You have the most experience." Jordan said.

I just looked at him and shook my head. Eventually, they just grabbed me and threw me to the floor. I got up as they grabbed me. I pushed them off and yelled,

"I AM NOT GOING! I WILL NOT MESS UP AGAIN!" 

Jordan just yelled back,"YOU CAN'T RUN FROM YOUR PROBLEMS!"

"I CAN RUN FOR AS LONG AS I WANT!"

Lianna broke in, "Josh, you don't seem to understand. It wasn't your fault!"

I rounded on her, "IT WAS MY FAULT! I TRIPPED THE ALARM! I WAS THE ONE WHO WAS WOUNDED! I WAS THE ONE WHO LET THE TEAM DOWN!"

I took a deep breath and turned away. "I was the one who killed Alison."

I felt something hit me in the back of the head and then everything went black.