Chapter 1: Prolouge

Please note: there are a gazillion mafia-brother books out there. I do not have the time or patience to read them all. If this plot resembles another, please don't comment stuff like 'you copied!'
Anyway, here's chapter 1. Enjoy, people.

Ryan's POV: (fifteen ish years ago)

I sat on the couch, cradling my three month little half-sister. My oldest brother- Tony- and Flynn DeLaCruz were shouting at Mom and Mr. DeLaCruz.

"How could you do this?!" Flynn yelled.

"It was a mistake!" Mom hung her head in shame, "a stupid mistake."

"What do we do now?!" Tony snapped- I'd never hear his voice sound so cold or dangerous.

My siblings and the DeLaCruzs were hiding behind the couch. They were hugging and consoling each other. I quietly slipped out of the living room, still holding the baby. I ran to the stairs and sat on the bottom of it, placing the infant on my lap.

I played with her, smiling as she cooed and made cute baby faces back. I decided to name her Alexandra, and hoped that we would keep her.

Suddenly, little Alexandra sneezed, her face contorted into a bit of a grimace.

"Are you cold?" I asked, feeling her forehead for a fever. Carefully, I stood up and rested her against my chest. I ran up the stairs and to my room, grabbing the comfiest, biggest and warmest hoodie I could find. I wrapped her up, while also making sure it didn't suffocate her.

Alexandra grinned toothlessly and reached out with a tiny fist towards me. I kissed it softly and smiled at her.

"Ryan!" Tony shouted, "do you have the girl?"

I froze. I knew they would take her away. I picked up Alexandra and traipsed downstairs, thinking of arguments to convince the others we should keep her.

"Give it," Mr.DeLaCruz snarled and wrested the baby from my grasp. I saw his eyes soften a fraction when he saw her.

"Please don't take away Alexandra," I begged.

"I'm sorry, Ry, but it's for the best," Mom smiled. Mr. DeLaCruz went outside with a wailing Alexandra swaddled in his arms while Tony held me back from running after Mr. DeLaCruz

End of flashback.

I sat in my room, hunched over my work and oblivious to my surroundings.

"Ry," my younger brother- Luke- knocked on my door, "Tony called a meeting. He wants everyone to be there."

I frowned. Tony only called meetings when the situation was dire.

We walked to his office. Inside- to our surprise- we saw the DeLaCruzs sitting on the leather couch, a Berlin Wall of emotions separating our family and them. I sat next to Simon and looked at Tony, who was sitting behind the desk.

"So, some of you may remember that- fifteen years ago- our mother and their father had a baby girl," Tony stated emotionlessly, "the girl's- Alexandra- foster parents were arrested for drug use and we have been contacted to take her in. We don't want her and you don't want her. As a result, Flynn and I have come to an agreement.

For a maximum of one year, all twelve of us will be living together- just long enough for a suitable home to be found for Alexandra. It may only take a few months. We have already signed the contract and we'll be moving to a larger home to accommodate all of us."

"What?!" Noah exclaimed in shock.

"Why can't we just turn her out?" William shrugged.

"The media will have a field day if they learnt that we turned away a young girl," Flynn rolled his eyes, "alas, we have no choice."

This is gonna be one hell of a year.

End of chapter 1.

First chapter is out!

I hope you guys liked it!

Stay safe and thanks for reading :)