Chapter 20: Help

AN: here's chapter 20. Enjoy, people.

TW: violence and abuse

Lexi's POV:

The second I stepped inside the house, I knew something was wrong. It was quiet. Too quiet.

"Hello?" I called out, then mentally smacked myself. If there was a killer in the house, do I really expect them to respond?

"Hey Lexi," I froze when I hear Nick's voice. Immediately, I tried to run out of the door, but it was locked. How did he do that?

He sauntered towards me, smirking while twirling a dagger in his hand. I clenched my jaw and got into a fighting stance.

Infuriatingly, this only seemed to amuse him, "aw, is little Alexandra gonna fight me? We both know you're not strong- OW!" I delivered a punch to his jaw while he was distracted. I kicked him in between the legs and ran upstairs, hearing him scream a string of curses as he followed me.

Suddenly, an hand clamped around my ankle just as I was at the top of the stairs. I yelped as Nick pulled, curling into a ball as I fell down. I desperately tried pulling myself up, but it was to no avail.

While I was lying on the floor, dazed, Nick kicked me in the stomach. I grunted in pain and hugged my knees to my chest.

Praying to all divine deities, I drove my heel into his ankle, making him cry out, kneeling on the ground. I slammed my knee into his nose. Blood dribbled down his face as he howled in pain and anger. I sprinted up the stairs, not stopping to look back until I was in my room. I locked the door and crawled under my bed.

Somehow, my phone had survived the whole ordeal, so I called the one person I knew could help.

"Hello?"

"Xavier!" I sobbed, looking at the door in trepidation.

"Lexi? What's wrong?" He sounded concerned.

"He's going to kill me," I whispered frantically, "I'm at home. Please help me."

The lock in the door turned and I silently berated myself for not barricading it with heavy objects.

"Help me!" I said into the phone. A hand clamped around my ankle and I screamed, thrashing wildly. Lack of nutrition these last few weeks made me weak and unable to fight back. Maybe that had been Nick's plan all along.

"You know," He said casually, dragging me by the ankle out of my room. I noted the purple bruise on his jaw with satisfaction, "this isn't the first time I've done something like this. My last case was a few years ago. Had to kill this man and woman and their kid. Unfortunately, the boss wanted the brat alive. After I've dealt with you, I'm gonna go deal with Zoe."

I was sick to my stomach at how casually he talked of killing a child, "you psycho!" I shouted, still trying to free myself.

"Why thank you," Nick smirked and threw me down the stairs. Pain exploded inside my head as I rolled down. The Devil didn't stop there. He kept punching and kicking me, even using his knife at some points. And yet, I refused to stopped attacking him. If I was gonna die today, I was going down fighting.

Finally, he took out his gun, "I've got only one bullet in here. No need for anymore. Close your eyes darlin' and say goodbye."

But I kept them open and stood shakily to my feet. I was not going to die on my knees.

"Well hurry up then," I rolled my eyes, "I haven't got all day. I told Death I'd meet up with her before dinner."

He opened his mouth to argue, but was tackled by someone. I heard the sound of flesh hitting flesh. Xavier roared in anger and kept on punching Nick. The latter was unconscious and covered in blood- his face practically unrecognisable.

"Xavier," I muttered quietly. He froze and looked at me.

"Don't kill the guy. I don't want my friend to end up in jail," I joked and Xavier's expression morphed into one of relief and amusement. He struck Nick one last time, before standing up and walking towards me.

Just then, the door burst open and my brothers and Ace entered. They saw Xavier, a beaten up Nick, a terrified me and- naturally- assumed the worst.

They all took out their guns and aimed it at Xavier.

End of chapter 20.

I hope you guys liked it!

Stay safe and thanks for reading :)