Chapter 9: Threats

AN: here's chapter 9. Enjoy, people.

Lexi's POV: (one week later)

The last few days have been quite nice, to be honest. I and my half-brothers have definitely gotten closer.

"Lexi, you coming?" Noah shouted. He'd offered to drop me off at school; we'd become close after the whole 'necklace' incident.

"Yep!" I called back, grabbing my bag and running downstairs. Some of my scars and bruises were fading, but most of them were still there.

"Let's go," I smiled at Noah and we got into his car. We blasted the music and sang along to it- he was surprisingly good.

"Bye!" I waved and got out of the car when we reached school, the smile on my face never wavering.

During my first lesson- English- I noticed some guy staring at me. I pretended I didn't notice, but kept an eye out just in case.

Throughout the day, I observed about five boys 'stalking' me. But I brushed it off as a coincidence. I probably should've mentioned it to Jackson at Lunch, but I didn't.

After school, I began my journey home. When I was some distance away from the school, the same five boys from before appeared.

"Hello Alexandra," Stalker no.1 said.

"Sorry, do I know you?" I asked, frantically thinking of ways to escape. I could easily take down two men, three if I was lucky. Five? Doubtful.

"No, but we know your family- the DeLescos and the DeLaCruzs," he smirked, "and we're their enemies. We know they've grown fond of you and we want you to act all cold and harsh towards them and betray them when we say so... Black Rose."

My expression was neutral, but I recoiled slightly at my old code name for gangs and fighting. It was a subtle threat- distance myself from my half-brothers, or they would spill my secret.

"I'm sorry, who?" I asked, feigning innocence, "also, I won't do what you ask."

"Then we'll kill you and them," Stalker no.1 answered promptly, "here's a little taster."

Within a blink of an eye, the remaining four surrounded me and grabbed my arms. I thrashed and flailed, but it was no use. They punched and kicked me. Even so, I continued taunting them. I think it angered them that I wasn't begging for mercy. Sorry boys, I'm used to pain. Both physical and mental.

"Enough!" Stalker no.1 roared, "let's go," he added in an undertone. The boys holding me dropped me unceremoniously and left.

Groaning softly, I dragged myself over to the building wall and leaned against it. I quickly checked for any life-threatening injuries and found none. I knew I had to do what they asked me to- for my half-brothers safety. I honestly didn't care what they did to me, but I wasn't going to drag another person down because of my mistake. Not again.

I put on my comforting hoodie- which I found out was Ryan's- and wrapped my arms around myself for a minute, formulating a successful plan. Once satisfied, I stood up and brushed myself off and went home, trying not to put pressure on my sprained ankle. Those morons had opened up old wounds- I would have to clean them at home.

I pulled up my hood- to hide my red eyes and bruises- and built up my walls sky high before entering.

"Hey Lex!" Jack said cheerfully, "how was school?"

"Good," I replied shortly, stuffing my hands in my pockets.

"Lexi, are you okay?" Ryan asked, "did something happen at school?"