Bonus Chapter: Quarantine

AN: here's another bonus chapter. Enjoy, people.

Inspired by recent events

Lexi's POV:

"I told you so."

"Yes, yes you did."

"But did you listen?"

"No, no I did not."

"You should listen to me more often."

"Well that's never gonna happen," I rolled my eyes, sipping my cup of hot chocolate.

Sam scowled on my computer screen and glared at me. "We all told you to come home for the break. But nooo! You wanted to stay back and revise! Where will revision get you anyways, huh?"

"Oh I dunno... a good job maybe? I can earn decent money?"

Sam waved his hand like he was swatting a fly, "Job schmob! You already have loads of money!"

An arm came and shoved him away and Luke appeared. "Don't listen to that idiot, Lex."

"I won't!"

"He has a point though," Thomas called out and the camera was angled towards him. "Had you listened to us, perhaps you could've been home during this lockdown."

"Sadly, I am not a psychic. But it's fine! I'm sure the lockdown will only last a few weeks or so." I shrugged. "Besides, it gives me the chance to focus on university assignments more."

Luke winced. "Don't jinx it, please!" Being a frontline worker meant Luke was forced to work long hours- evident by the large bags under his eyes.

When the news about Covid-19 came out, all our lessons were suddenly suspended. It was fun taking online lessons and I managed to settle into a routine I was comfortable with. However, when the Wifi would glitch, or my laptop would decide to stop working, that's when it became a problem.

"Hey Lex! I'm making instant noodles, you want some?" Vanessa- my roommate- called, poking her head through my door.

"Yeah sure, I'm just talking with my brothers. I'll be there in a bit!" I smiled and tucked my knees under my chin, laughing as I watched Tony and Flynn get mad at the triplets for doing something stupid.

A dull ache formed in my chest and I realised how much I missed them. Sure, we had our regular calls and we texted every day, but it really wasn't the same.

My phone buzzed with a notification and I scowled upon realising my professor had added another assignment to the list. Unwillingly, I turned to the screen. "Sorry guys, I have to go. My professor has set some assignments due for tomorrow."

They all frowned and nodded, looking slightly hurt. I felt really bad, so I promised them that I would talk to them the second I finished my work and that seemed to cheer them up. After a five minute round of 'goodbye' and 'make-sure-you' and 'don't-forget-to', I was left staring at a black screen.

I exhaled sharply and pulled myself up, tugging on the sleeves of my over-sized hoodie- Ryan's hoodie, actually. Sue me for finding other people's clothes more comfortable.

I walked to the kitchen and sat on the barstool next to the counter. "Hey Nessa."

She turned around and grinned, "Hey Lex. Gimme two seconds..." She poured three ladles of noodle soup in my bowl and attempted to pick it up.

"Don't do that!" I scolded, snatching the bowl away, "I've told you again and again that I can take it myself!"

Vanessa laughed, "It's fine, Lex! I get that you're concerned, but this-" she waved her handless, right hand- "- doesn't mean I can't pick things up!"

Three years ago, Vanessa had to have her right hand amputated after a prank went horribly, horribly wrong. We had been roommates for a few months at that time, but it didn't stop me from wanting to beat up her 'friends'. Naturally, they were expelled and black listed, but nothing could ever heal the trauma she went through or bring back her hand.

I sighed, "you're right, I'm sorry."

"It's cool," she replied, "I get it, honestly. I think I'm gonna have my very healthy meal in my room- I have a few thousand words of my essay to complete."

"Okay! I'll be making dinner tonight. Indian food or Italian? Or both?"

"Let's go with both."

"Sure. Good luck with your essay." She disappeared into her room and I focused on devouring my food.

"Just a few weeks," I exhaled slowly and deeply, pressing my hand down on my seat and leaning forward slightly. "Few more weeks then all this will be over."

End of bonus chapter

I know it's a short one, but I wanted to try and include the feelings of people in the education system during lockdown

I hope you guys liked it!

Stay safe and thanks for reading :)

IMPORTANT QUESTION:

So, I am thinking about doing a sequel/ spin-off kind of thing for this book. Do you guys want:

1) A spin-off about Noah and Violet's story- everything that happened between the two of them

2) A part 2 to this book- like a sequel.

3) More bonus chapters- if you have any ideas, just drop them here.