Chapter 26: Gone Pt.1

AN: here's chapter 27. I have decided to break your hearts a bit in this chapter. Or maybe you won't care. Who knows?

Trigger warning ⚠️: entire chapter (and the next one) has mentions of assault, abuse, drugs, self-harm, death/murder and injury detail. Please do not read if that triggers you as it goes into some detail. If you want to know what happens without reading the chapter, either comment here or private message me and I'll give you a brief summary.

Third person's PoV:

Alexandra DeLesco- DeLaCruz groaned in pain. She opened her eyes and blinked blearily, adjusting to the darkness of the cell. Pushing herself up, she heard the scrape of metal against stone. Her hands went to her throat, rage and terror flooding through her.

They'd chained her to the wall. Like she was some rabid beast that needed detaining.

That was when she'd noticed her attire. Her shirt and shorts had been almost reduced to shreds and her beautiful locks were shorn haphazardly until they represented a jagged mess at the base of her neck. Her exposed midriff and legs were covered in a multitude of colourful bruises and cuts- some of them infected and oozing out pus. The young girl was also severely malnourished, barely surviving on the little tidbits her captors gave her. Her skin were stretched taught over her ribs. She hated feeling like this.

A slight sob passed her lips and she leaned against the grimy wall. She'd clung on to the hope of being rescued, but now that was slipping away.

The cell door creaked open, a flood of light illuminated the narrow doorway. Lexi squinted and licked her crackled lips. Her body tensed, ready for a fight- even if she was tied down and broken.

"Lexi?"

A wave of relief crashed over her, a tiny smile lifting her lips. "Geoffrey." She rasped out.

The teenager smiled and quickly clambered down the steps. He was around Lexi's age- with a lanky frame, slightly long ginger hair and a smile so bright it could put the sun to shame. His brown eyes immediately scanned his prisoner friend, heart tugging slightly at the injuries.

"How are you doing?" He whispered, then shook his head. "Stupid question. Sorry. Are you in pain? Ack, no another stupid question. Really sorry-"

"Geoff." Lexi cut him off with a slight laugh, then immediately winced as pain racked through her body. "It's okay. It's hurting a bit-"

"I have some painkillers!" Geoff interjected, a bit overexcited at the prospect of helping. From his pocket, he took out a large bunch of medication, tied together with a piece of frayed string. He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "Sorry, I didn't know which one you wanted."

Lexi scanned and dry swallowed them greedily, eyes watering slightly as they passed down her throat. "Will, uh, will they be back?" Tremors of fear struck her entire body at the thought of them.

"No, no, me and the others made sure of it." Geoff hesitated, not meeting Lexi's eye. "Isla... Isla asked some of the men to- to come here and hurt you... in that way."

Lexi slumped against the wall, numbness overtaking her frail figure. "A-and?"

Geoff sat down and began playing with his fingers, thinking over his answer carefully. "No, they won't do it. Your torturers are not bad people... it's Isla who's the messed up one."

"What about Liam?"

He shrugged. "As far as I can tell, he's her lackey. Anyways, as I was saying, Isla is messed up. She threatened the loved ones of every person who works here- not a single person is here willingly. But they're too scared to do anything back. She's got connections, Lex, really dangerous ones too."

Lexi shook her head, her jaw clenched. A fire burned in her eyes. "My brothers are not coming to save me. Even if they are looking for me, it is unlikely that they will find me in time. I'm gonna have to escape myself."

"I don't think you will be able to do that." Isla's voice floated down to the shell-shocked duo sitting on the ground. Geoff scrambled to his feet, fear etched on his face.

"Isla." Lexi growled, shakily getting to her feet.

The older woman laughed, enjoying the pure terror radiating from her ex-adopted daughter. Her eyes narrowed sharply, a maniacal gleam overtaking them.

"Hello little Alexandra! I can't wait to start our fun! We're gonna see how many times a person can break. Are you ready?"

End of chapter 27.

Very short, but I didn't want to go into too much detail in case people feel triggered.

I hope you guys liked it!

Stay safe and thanks for reading :)