Chapter 31: Sorry

AN: here's chapter 31. Enjoy, people.
The chapter title sums up how I feel.

Lexi's POV: (two weeks later)

I love my brothers.

I really do.

But sometimes, they can be a big pain in the derrière.

"For the last time Luke! Yes I took my medication and no I'm not in pain right now!" I screeched at my older brother. The others flopped on the couch, highly amused by my predicament.

"Are you sure, Lex?" Luke asked, a worried frown creased his forehead. Now this might seem like a sweet gesture, but it was the tenth time today I'd been reminded, and I was going crazy being stuck inside the house since I left the hospital.

"Yes I'm sure." I sighed. I thought for a second on how best to approach a topic playing on my mind. "I have a question." None of my brothers responded, engrossed in their phones.

Luke shrugged and looked at Thomas's phone and sighed. "They're playing Candy Crush again."

I rolled my eyes. The men were addicted to that game- it was honestly quite terrifying sometimes. "Guys? Hello? I have a question." Silence. Well, it was time for drastic action. "I'm pregnant."

Eleven heads snapped up.

"What?!"

"Who's the father?"

"When did this happen?! You were in the hospital two weeks ago!"

"What?!"

"I'm gonna be an uncle?!"

"How?!"

"What?!"

"You're- what?!"

"Am I high right now?"

"What?!"

"Sorry, false positive. Now I have your attention." I smiled. The men wore flabbergasted looks that slowly dissolved into scowls. I cleared my throat. "When am I going back to school?"

"Never." Tony answered immediately.

"What? Why?" I asked, completely taken aback.

"Liam still isn't in custody," Kyle explained, "and from what you've told us, he is a psycho. Therefore, you won't be going back to school until he is caught."

"But it's been ages!" I groaned, flopping back on the couch. "I'm bored- I've done all my assignments for school and you won't even let me meet up with my friends- or let them come here!"

Hayden threw an arm around my shoulders. "On the bright side, little sis, you get to spend more time with us!"

"Oh the joy." I deadpanned. "But please, at least consider it?"

"Not a chance." Flynn snorted.

I shook my head and left the room. I knew they were right and wanted to keep me safe, but it still annoyed me that I wasn't allowed to go- it got pretty boring and tiring being holed up inside all day. (AN: Lockdown vibes anyone?).

X

"Hey Lex, we're having a water-fight- wanna join?" Ryan questioned, leaning against the doorframe.

"Sure." I stretched, my muscles cramping slightly from when I was hunched over on the desk, furiously typing away a book on my computer.

"What're you writing?" Ryan asked curiously, trying to catch a glimpse of the Word Document on my screen.

"Oh, nothing haha!" I laughed awkwardly, slamming the device shut and shoving it under several papers. "Just boring school work. Now, do you want to team up against the others for the fight?"

"Duh." He scoffed, casting a short look at the buried laptop. "You're the best at the game- don't tell the others I said that, okay?"

"Deal." I grinned and we fist-bumped.

He handed me a water gun and we nodded and quietly crept downstairs to the living room. It was deathly quiet. Ryan turned the corner and immediately raised his gun- prepared for an ambush. He relaxed slightly. Big mistake.

Suddenly, my brothers- except from Tony- jumped up from behind the couch and assaulted Ryan with water balloons. I laughed slightly as he got completely soaked.

Ryan clasped his hands to his chest and gasped. "BETRAYAL!"

Simon shrugged. "Sorry." He didn't look apologetic.

"THIS MEANS WAR!" Ryan yelled, rapidly firing his water gun. I joined in the chaos and soon, the quiet atmosphere was broken by our laughter and screams of joy.

"What's going on here?"

We all froze as Tony entered the room, his dark, stoic gaze took in our soaked states and the half destroyed living room that had turned into our battlefield.

"Heyy Tony." Simon chuckled. "I can explain-"

Tony raised a water gun and nailed Simon in the chest. He smirked. "Bull's eye."

A shocked laugh bubbled out of me. Without even a glance in my direction, Tony fired his weapon, a strong blast of water hit me in the face.

"HEY!" I shouted and the fighting commenced. I managed to hit each of my brothers at least once- and even convinced the triplets to team up with me.

The doorbell rang, cutting through the noise like a hot knife through butter.

"I'll get it!" I yelled, skidding down the hallway. Gripping the silver handle, I pulled it open and my eyebrows shot up in surprise. "What're you doing here?"

Stephanie beamed. "Hello Lexi! Good news- I've found a foster family for you!"

End of chapter 31.

Only three chapters left! (Maybe even less)

I hope you guys liked it!

Stay safe and thanks for reading :)