Chapter 29: Battle

AN: here's chapter 29. Enjoy, people.

WARNING ⚠️: may break your hearts.

Lexi's POV:

I felt the bullets tear through my skin.

Once.

Twice.

Thrice.

I vaguely heard someone screaming, but it sounded like it was coming from the end of a long tunnel. I slid down the wall, staring at nothing in front of me. Karen and Isla laughed manically, as their bodies were filled with lead. The gunshots rang in my ears and blood sprayed everywhere like sea foam.

"Hey, hey, hey." Ace dropped in front of me, cupping my face with his hands. "Stay with me, yeah? Help is on its way."

I nodded, my tongue felt like cotton and I couldn't speak. My eyes closed. Sleep sounds like a really good idea right now-

"No!" Ace slapped me lightly, a hint of panic injected in his tone. "Stay awake, Lex, please don't go."

Ryan sat next to Ace and wordlessly picked me up. I gasped in pain and he winced.

"Sorry." He murmured, tears pooling in his green eyes. "I'm so sorry."

"Don't let her fall asleep!" Luke yelled. Someone gripped my hand and I fought against the darkness.

The cool air nipped at my bare skin and I shivered, leaning into Ryan. I saw my old gang and a smile lifted my cracked lips.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered, tilting my head back. "I can't..."

Third person's POV:

Alexandra DeLesco-DeLaCruz stared at the inky black sky, her eyes seeing the stars a million miles away. She sighed softly and closed her eyes, following the gentle tug in her stomach.

"Lexi? Lexi!" Ryan shook her. "Hey, no, no, no, wake up!"

"What happened?!" Ace cried, at his side in an instant. He saw his best friend's limp body and paled, his knees almost buckling from underneath him. "Lexi! Wake up! Don't you dare leave me- I can't lose you again."

They were at the car now and piled inside, leaving Xavier, Diana and West to deal with the police. Flynn gunned down the streets, going way over the speed limit.

Ryan held Lexi tightly, hands stained with her blood as he desperately tried to staunch the wound. Luke tried as best he could, but deep down he knew it was too late.

"Hey Lexi, you get up right now, you hear me?" Ace gripped her bloodied hand tightly, tears streaming down his face. "Remember when we were young and I promised to take you to DisneyLand? Or when you said we'll travel the world someday? You always wanted to go to Greece and Italy.

Remember when we stayed up for hours studying the stars? Or when we promised to learn how to cook after that disastrous attempt?" He choked on his own words and squeezed Lexi's hand tighter. "So don't you dare die on me Alexandra DeLesco-DeLaCruz- we still have time to do all of those things and more."

Flynn pulled in front of the hospital doors and Ryan leapt out the car, sprinting through the sterile white hallways, the others hot on his heels. He gently placed his sister on a gurney and Luke barked out orders.

"Listen here." Antonio gripped the shoulder of one of the doctors. "Save my sister or I swear I'll kill you." His voice held a deathly calm note, one that showed he was not joking.

The doctor went white as a sheet and nodded frantically, charging through the metal doors like her life depended on it- which, to be fair, it probably did.

Ryan sank into a wooden chair, staring at his hands covered in Lexi's blood. He started to shake, refusing to even consider the possibility that it was too late.

Meanwhile, Ace was driving himself crazy thinking of the thousands of possibilities that could happen. He pulled at his hair and squeezed his eyes shut, battling the tight knot in his heart.

He'd already lost Lexi once- he knew he won't be able to survive if it happened again.

End of chapter 29.

Thoughts?

I hope you guys liked it!

Stay safe and thanks for reading :)