41. Kane's Graduation

Maya couldn't believe it. Her first child, her precious baby boy was about to graduate. She knew she was going to be emotional but wasnt expecting it to be this bad.

She watched as her son walked down the stairs of their Upstate New York home in a fancy tuxedo and his blue gown.

Lucas wrapped his arms around Maya's waist from behind, hiding his watery eyes and red face behind his wife's hair.

Along the way to this point, Maya and Lucas had 2 more children..both still in middle school.

Kane made it to the bottom of the stairs and laughed at his emotional parents and walked over to them.

"It's just a graduation. I'll still be here tomorrow." He let out, enveloping his parents into a hug. He knew it was more than that but acting like it was something simple made
it seem less scary.

Maya chuckled, wiping her tears off her makeup free, freckled face.
"I know but, you've come so far and it feels like time is going by so fast."

Kane nodded, going over to his younger brothers and hugging them.

It wasn't the easiest journey, his junior and senior year being changed by the ongoing global pandemic. But he and his family were still proud of his accomplishments.

Graduation wouldn't be normal either, masks and limited family members but it was better than nothing.

They do all the pictures needed to be taken and head off to the ceremony location to which their son would become a high school graduate.