35. Conversation

M A Y A

i am not the type of girl to think about thing that happened over a month ago    . Once it happens, it's done and over with.

But for some strange reason, one conversation keeps popping back in my head.

one month ago ☆
"What did you want to talk about ?" Maya asks as the wind blows her hair over her face.

"I wanted to see how you were doing. And wanted to say goodbye. " he claims.

Maya gets confused. Goodbye? What could that even mean.

"Well, I'm doing fine. Everything went really great during the whole labour. Kane is wonderful. " maya says, a smile growing on her face.

"That's good Maya. You know, I an really happy for you. Lucas is a really great guy. Dont lose him. "

"I'll try not to. " they both laugh.

"Wait, what do you mean by goodbye?"  Maya asks the young adult.

"I'm going into the army. Boot camp starts and then I'm probably going over seas. I have no clue when I'll be back."

Maya freezes. Her heart feels empty. She doesnt know why.

"When are you leaving?" Maya gulps.

"In a few days. I just...I wanted to say bye now then never. "

Maya nods in understanding. She honestly couldnt believe it.

"I'll miss you. "
"I'll miss you too. "

He pulls her in for one long final hug. Tears start streaming down both their faces.

Were they together? No.
But they still had some type of feeling for each other.

Once they separate, they stare at each other

"Goodbye Maya."

Maya feels tears coming and runs into his arms, one more time.

"Goodbye, Josh. "

☆  present day

Like I said, I'm not sure why I dwell on that conversation.

I mean, I don't like him anymore. Right?
D

id he give me the. best baby in the world? No. So, I just try and ignore that conversation.

Anyways, I'm the only one home because Lucas wanted to take Kane out for bonding time.

I thought it was cute, and it gives me time to clean around the house.

I go into Kane's room, seeing the tiny baby clothes makes me giggle. Its tiny people clothes.

I grab all of his dirty clothes and put it into the hamper and I pretty much do that the rest of the day.

L U C A S

I wanted to take Kane out for the day to spend some alone time with him. Man to man.

And, he has been amazing all day long. No screaming or crying, and he has some great fashion taste.

Knowing I made a human, a human with someone I love...best thing ever. 

Currently we are shopping for the best birthday present for Maya. She is turning 19 and since we have come through do much, i wanted to get her something amazing.

I find this jewelry store and stroll around in it. I was about to give up but then, something came into my sight. 

The most beautiful necklace ever.

It was well

It was well..a lot but worth it. I hope maya likes it.

After gazing other stores I order some Chinese take out and head home.

☆☆☆
Once we get home, I set Kane in his rocker and search around for Maya.

The final place I check is the bedroom. She is knocked out on the bed. Maya looks so gorgeous every time she sleeps.

I hover over her and place a few kisses on her jawline and neck. Her lips form a smile and she puckers then out.

I give her a quick peck. "I have food. "
She giggles and slowly gets up.

"My favorite. "

We walk down the stairs and maya runs over to Kane and lifts him up in the air. 

"Hi baby!" She squeal, Kane mumbling baby words.

I smile, admiring the sight.

She puts Kane in his baby seat and we all eat dinner as one, happy family.