26. Bye Matthews

I wake up still thinking about me and josh yesterday. I just push it off because yeah it was nice but it was stupid.

It's currently 4:00 in the morning and the Matthew's flight leaves st 8:00 but with all this shit they have we need 4 hours.

The alarm blasts and riley wakes up groaning.

She looks at me and gives me a sad smile. Today is the day it best friend leaves me.

She pulls me in for a hug and we stay in that position for a few minutes.

Once we release our arms we get out of bed and we make her bed. They have a move in truck coming in 30 minutes to pick everything up and drive to Nevada.

We pack up her bed sheets and pillows and toss them in the container that they came in.

After packing suitcases and boxes it was time to head for the airport.

We decided to take my car so I could drive it back home.

Auggie did have to sit on Lucas's lap because I made sure riley was in front.

"Everyone ready?"

They all say yes and it's just a sad vibe.  Riley lays her head on the window playing with her ring she bought for us.

I put my hand on her hand and pat it. She giggles and her face brightens up.

"We'll be back in 8 weeks for your little boy. "I smile and shake my head.

"Still, you're leaving me. "I put as I make a left turn.

30 Minutes Later

She sighs and I can see her looking at me in the corner of my eye.

"Yes?" I ask,  hearing the GPS say "You have reached your destination"

I let out a light oh  and I park by her gate doors.

We unpack the trunk and it's time to say goodbye.

"Bye topanga. Thank you for everything. " she pulls me in her arms and kisses my cheek.

"Love you maya. Dont do anything you'll regret because I can't yell at you anymore. " we laugh and I move on to Matthews.

"Bye Matthews thanks for all the laughs. "

He hugs me.

"Anytime kid. Thanks for being there for my daughter. "

I nod and I move down to auggie.

"Hey little guy. You gonna miss me. " he cries and I pull him in ny arms.

"I love you maya. " I let out a sigh and hug his little Auggie body. I pat his fluffy hair and move onto Riley. My best friend.

We just cry and we go into a long hug.

"I'm going to miss you so much peaches. Remember 8 weeks. "

I nod in her shoulder.

"I love you honey. Dont find a new best friend to replace me. Just find friends. " I joke and she giggles.

"No one can replace a peaches. " we hug one more time and then they begin to walk off.

Lucas pulls me in his arms and I cry. Josh said goodbye to them this morning apparently so I didn't have to see him right now, thank God. All I needed was Lucas.

"Come on baby girl. I'll drive us home. "

I nod and kiss his cheek and going in the passenger seat. I check my phone and see a message from my honey.

Riles 🦄 - already miss you

Me - eh I've gotten over you

Riles 🦄 - wait really?? 😶

Me -  hell no. I'll be crying for days. Love you riles

Riles 🦄- love you more peaches

And with that I lay my head on the window as we drive away from the airport.

Lucas runs my outer thigh and I dont even care. All I want was to have everything back to normal. Have my best friend.

He moves his hand because my breath doesn't even hitch. I just sat in my seat. I knew I shouldn't be this depressed but its hard. But I'm going to push that off in a few days.

Once we get home Lucas picks me up bridal style and I laugh.

"There's the laugh I want. "I roll my eyes and kiss his jawline.

---

We've been in bed for a few hours and I have been feeling a little better. Riley has been texting me and so have farkle and zay.

I couldn't help but keep thinking on what Topanga said.

Dont do anything you'll regret.

I've regretted lots of things but my chat with josh, was the major one right now. I don't regret having a deep chat but just what happened I regret the most.

I push it off and finally get the rest I've been wanting. Especially in lucas's arms.

《••••••••》

I just want to say thank you for your support on this book. I didn't think it would get to 200 votes.
It means the world. 
I'm glad we can still fulfill our GMW dreams on wattpad.
Thank you again

Xx Katrina (aka SATIN)