Ch 7 "The Beach"

TW: Fluffy, Implied Sex

Karl POV

I parked into my assigned parking spot, some girls noticed Sapnap getting out, his posture hunched due to the bookbag and probably the weight of anxiety. The girls waved to him,
"Hey, Sapnap! You look good today." A girl said, her hair was brownish blonde and she had blue eyes.
"Right back at you, Alyssa." He said rolling his eyes before nudging me. The girl squealed with her posse of girls, running off. Sapnap stares at me, "Gotta keep em happy, though they'll never date me."
I let out a slight laugh. We walked to school and Dream quickly saw us, and he immediately left the heard of people around him, including George.
"Hey what are y'all doing here?" He asks as he's jogging to us.
"I'm going to school, and he's gonna figure out what he can do to graduate."
"Yeah- I'm gonna try and make it through the day." Sapnap rolls his eyes again in the most unamused voice.
"Aw, well, you can make it, Sapnap. I believe in you. And besides, Me and Karl will have your back." Dream smiles and punches me in the arm.
"Yeah, well Quackity is probably inside and I gotta go get my doritos." Sapnap said pinching my hoodie, dragging me away from Dream.
"Alright, I'll see y'all later."
"Bye, Dream!" I shout after him.
Quickly Sapnap pulls me to the side of the entrance of the school building, no one was around us, He then whispers, "I forgot to let you know that Dream knows that you're my soulmate, I'm sorry." He says as he looks nervously with those big beautiful brown eyes.
"Oh ok, and don't be, it's just Dream, and he's chill." I watch the nervousness flood from Sapnap's face.
"Ok, good."
We walked into the school building and immediately saw Alex standing by the locker. His eyes lit up when he saw us.
"Sapnap, Karlos! Ayyyy!" He dapped up Sapnap before doing our hand shake. Once we were done we all laughed, "Where have y'all been? I've been lonely!"
"I was sick." Sapnap said simply with a shrug, I knew the real reason.
"Dream was worried sick about you the other day and it made me worried, you good now, man?"
"Yeah I was just sick and my phone has been acting up a lot."
"Ahh ok. Now where were you, Karl?"
"I was at home, I didn't feel too well so I stayed home. I feel better today though."
"That's good." We watched Sapnap punch in the number for Doritos. They fell and I was in the way so I bent down and grabbed the chips for him.
"Thanks." Sapnap said before taking the bag from me.
"Wait! Karl look at your hands. They're bright orange!" Quackity quickly took my hands to look at them.
"Uhhh yeah I uh noticed it yesterday, I think my soulmate thing is busted because I didn't leave my house yesterday." I quickly covered up the situation with a white lie, but I don't think Alex would pick up on it.
"Well, what about on Monday, did you touch anyone then, other than me because my soulmate mark is still black."
"Not that I know of."
"Eh, don't worry about it, Karl, this whole soulmate thing is very fake to me, I'm sorry that it's being difficult for you though, but don't stress too much about it." Sapnap said as he went to punch another number in for a powerade.
"Yeah, I'm not too worried about it besides, right now I'm just hanging with the boys, with no care in the world." I say as but my arms around the both of them, Quackity and Sapnap were around the same height, Sapnap was 5'11 and Quackity was 5'8, so Sapnap was closest time me in height but leaning over to wrap my arm around Quackity's neck wasn't comfortable, but you gotta include the guy.
"Amen!" Quackity laughs before pushing my arm off of him, Sapnap does the same as he went to bend down to get his drink. "So are y'all coming over today?"
"Today? What's going on today?" Sapnap asked as he opened the blue powerade up.
"Y'all don't know? I posted it literally all over Instagram! I'm throwing a house party for seniors only."
"Really, isn't it a school night?"
"Nah dude it's the end of the term, a good party should be thrown to relieve the stress from this term, So I'm throwing one. You guys should definitely come, it'll be great." Quackity smiles and nudges me.
"Well, I'll think about it, I haven't gone to a party in a hot minute." Sapnap says after taking a swig from his drink.
I think I remember the last party Sapnap went to; He went with Dream and Emily was there, she was dancing with her new boyfriend, I think Sapnap was ok though, it made him slightly uncomfortable. I remember when he took me out of the house and told me about this girl that liked me. The girl was sweet and kind but I just didn't like her back, so I had to tell her that and she ended up going home crying. It made a pit in my stomach and I remembered feeling so sick.
"What about you, Karl?" Quackity stood in front of me, fixing his puma beanie.
"I don't know, I'll try and make it if I can. I gotta ask my dad though." Honestly, maybe a party would be good for me, just to go and have fun for a night. I could bring Sapnap and have fun with him, and Sapnap needs to have some fun, other than playing video games with me.
"Well I hope y'all can come, I need my favorite boys there to party with me!" He laughed as he adjusted his side computer bag.
"We'll let you know," Sapnap adds, the bell then blaring as it was time for class.
I watched as the brunette looked nervously at me, I gave him a smile and nod, hoping to comfort him. We began walking and Sapnap parted ways with me and Quackity.
Sapnap will be alright, I'll see him in first block, and we'll be alright.
Quackity snapped his fingers, taking me from thought.
"Karl, you ok? You've zoned out before but never this bad. What's on your mind?" Alex put his voice in a more serious down to earth tone.
"Yeah, I'm fine I was just thinking about a few things, but everything is good, I just got lost in thought."
"Oh, ok then..."
We walked on, Quackity didn't have my homeroom, his homeroom was next door. I walked into class to see Wilbur and Niki talking, Niki waved me over and so I sat my bookbag down at my desk and went over.
"Hey Karl!" Niki greeted, her soft pink hair playing along well with her soft voice.
"Hey, Niki! Hey Wilbur." Wilbur smiled and sat on Niki's desk, yet still he was taller than Niki who was standing. "What all are y'all talking about?"
"Well we saw you and Sapnap this morning get out of your car and Sapnap looked pretty nervous for some reason and you also looked kind of nervous, we were wondering if y'all were ok." Niki asked softly, as she played with her hair.
Did we really look nervous this morning? Was I even nervous this morning? What happened this morning?
"Yeah, what's up, Karl? You alright?" Wilbur sounded concerned but yet soft in a quiet voice trying to keep things private from the rest of our classmates.
"Yeah, I'm fine, we were just talking about a few things, we're fine."
"Oh alright, well if you ever need anything or need someone to talk to I'm here and so is Will." Niki calmly says, I watched her eyes look to Will, then I watched as Will's eyes went to my hands.
"Karl, You're hands, they're orange!" Wilbur said more like his normal self, I laughed and scratched the back of my head.
"Yeah, That's actually what me and Sapnap were talking about, I have no idea who my soulmate is and I was sick the day before and disused anyone other than my dad, so I think my soulmate thing is broken." I laughed, hoping they didn't pick up on my lie.
"Oh, that's odd- I hope you find your soulmate." Niki says with a caring smile.
"I hope so too." I then left to go to my desk where I opened my water bottle and chugged it, I feel like an improv performer.
Attendance rolled in as soon as it rolled out. The bell rang as quickly as it ended, that's how homeroom went.
I walked to my first block, and luckily saw Sapnap in there, he smiled as soon as he saw me, it was kind of cute.
I sat next to him and then leaned in and whispered to me, "I'm glad you're here."
I felt a smile creep on my face, I couldn't help but whisper back, "I'm glad you're here too."
Class was beginning to start until the intercom ran.
"Sapnap to the guidance office please?"
I nudged Sapnap and mouthed, don't worry. Though I myself was also trying not to worry. I raised my hand quickly and asked, "May I use the restroom please?" My teacher nodded and I swiftly got up and left the classroom.
I see Sapnap turn the corner, heading for the stairs. I ran towards him and whispered screamed, "Sapnap! Wait!"
Sapnap looked behind him and let out a chuckle with the shake of his head. "What are you doing, Karl?"
"I'm going with you."
"You can't do that, Karl." He rolled his eyes playfully.
"Watch me, then." Sapnap just stood still and I playfully went and slid down the stair rails as Sapnap just stared at me with an endearing smile.
"That would have been so much better if you busted your ass." Sapnap giggles as he pushes his hood off of him, probably to follow the dress code.
"Sapnap!" I scorned him, as I shook my hands off.
Sapnap reaches me at the bottom step, "What? It'd be funny!"
The laughter soon went away as Sapnap put his hand on the handle to open the office door, I nodded at him and said in a more calm and hopefully reassuring voice, "You got it, I'll be sitting on the couch and I'll be right outside waiting for you. Don't worry."
Sapnap opened the door and I sat on the couch in the waiting area of the office. It felt like hours I sat there. Sapnap's gonna be alright, I promised him I'd help him graduate, and that's what I plan on doing. I looked at my hands, the orange was so bright and pigmented, I felt like a splatoon character. I wonder how the color is on Sapnap.
All of a sudden my thoughts break as I get a notification on my phone.
I was tagged in something.
I opened instagram and immediately felt a warm feeling in my stomach.
Dream posted a picture of Him, George, Sapnap and I. We went down to disney world for a week, except we all stayed at Dream's Aunts house. The picture was of George in a classic mickey mouse cap, with Dream's arm wrapped around his neck, Dream was wearing a white baseball cap that had the Mickey Mouse gang waving embroidered on it, Sapnap was wearing a Pluto baseball cap that had black long ears hanging from it. I had my blue tall wizard mickey hat on. We were all bunched up as George was holding the camera. Dreams arm over George and Sapnap's, and Sapnap's arm was over me, and we were all smiling, except for Sapnap who stuck his tongue out through a grin.
That was 2 years ago, Sophomore year. That was a good year for us, we all became super close, that's still one of the best trips I've ever been on.
Dream posted that in his story tagging all of us and then putting "Can't wait for another trip with these boys."
Oh how'd I love to do it again.
I remembered how protective my mom was over this trip. She wanted me to go and have fun, she was just worried about it. I remember her not wanting to let go of me when Dream and his mom came to pick me up. We all had our permits at the time, so his mom took us to the airport, and we decided to fly because it'd be quicker. That was my first flight, and my last flight I've ever been on.
My mom, she'd text and call me everyday, checking to make sure I was ok. I remember this being one of the pictures I sent her, I sent her pictures and videos every chance I had. I remembered coming home and her giving me the biggest hug, I remember telling her all about the trip, and the rides, and shows we saw. Specifically, I told her all about Splash Mountain, I remember we ended the hot day with that ride, Dream and I in the first row, George and Sapnap in the second row. I told my mom how I wanted to go back with her and dad. That never happened.
It's been a year, but there's not a day that goes by that I don't think about her.
I like to paint pictures of her being on Splash Mountain instead of Dream. I like to imagine how she'd hold my hand and how she'd squeeze her eyes shut as the water comes up onto her face and mine. I always hear her laughter every time I think about the memory as if it happened. But it didn't. And it never will.
I shake the thoughts out of my head and I reply to the story, I said, we need to do a trip again!
All of a sudden, the minutes that felt like hours turned into seconds as I looked at the picture.
Soon enough, Sapnap emerges from the guidance office door.
I immediately stood up and went up to Sapnap, he looked annoyed but ok.
"How'd it go?"
"I have to do a term's worth of work in 3 weeks in order for me to graduate."
"That's great, Sapnap!" I jumped and hugged him, he stood and didn't hug me back, I backed off. "What's wrong?"
"That's 56 assignments total! It's just a lot of work for a lot of classes, I don't even know if I can do it." He sighs, looking at his black and white checkered vans.
"Yeah, it may be a lot, but I'm helping you! And that's better than doing credit recovery. You aren't doing all this alone."
Sapnap has a smile creep up on his face.
"There we go, We can do it, Sapnap, I promise. Now let's stop sulking and let's go back to class yeah?" He smiled and hugged me, I was confused but happy for the hug.
"Thanks, we can do this..." he sounds like he's trying to reassure himself mainly. "Also I'm sorry I didn't hug you back, I felt guilty."
I felt myself smile. Things are gonna be alright.
We walked back to class and it was going well. Sapnap was doing his work, And he seemed pretty focused and he hadn't asked for help and he didn't look like he needed any help.
School went by quicker than imagined. Sapnap and I got in the car to get ready to go home, we had two days off this week as a teacher work day due to the end of the last term, which Sapnap has 3 weeks to complete. We get in the car and I noticed something was different, Sapnap was smiling and he looked at me with the biggest smile I've seen.
"What?" I ask in a dorky laugh
"I want to party, and you're partying with me." He says with contentment, he then blasted "Tiptoe" by Imagine Dragons, making sure the volume would be louder than any rebuttal I could say.
Once home, I let Sapnap lock the Tesla. We walk in and Sapnap helps himself to my pantry, quickly grabbing salt and vinegar pringle's.
I ring my dad on the phone and walk into the dining room as I wait for him to pick up.
He picks up though.
"Hey kiddo, what's up, I only have like 5 minutes to talk." He says in his dad-like phone voice.
"Hey, so Quackity is throwing a house party, and Sapnap and I want to go, could we?"
"What time does it start?" So the interrogation begins.
"Well, we'll be getting there at 8:30 ish."
"Isn't it a school night?"
"Nope, it's the end of the term."
"Will alcohol or drugs be dealt there?"
"I don't think so, but you never know, I do know Quackity won't be serving alcohol or dealing any drugs."
"Will there be a parent present?"
"No."
"Ok, I trust you, and as of right now I trust Sapnap, but I can't have you getting drunk or high at a party. You're not of age to drink and I don't want you or Sapnap putting any of that crap in your body, ok?"
"Is that a yes?"
"It's a yes, now what time will you be home?"
"by 12 most likely."
"Alright, you and Sapnap look after each other ok?"
"Yes, dad, we will."
"Also I don't want none of y'all taking anybody home, and if you do end up going with somebody you best let me know and use a condom."
"Geez, dad it's like you don't know me." I laughed.
"I know you're a good kid, I'm just stating it because I have to, it's kind of my job."
"I know." I hope he could hear me roll my eyes.
"Alright," I hear him do that, I gotta go sigh. "I'll talk to you later, when I come home I expect both of y'all home."
"okay, got it. I'll see you later, bye!"
"Bye!" He hung up.
I walk back over to the kitchen and I see Sapnap looking at me patiently wanting an answer as we had a handful of chips.
"So?"
"We can go, but, we aren't able to go unless you get four assignments done." I waved my finger like a teacher as I watched his happiness shrink to annoyance.
"Four?! Four is so much!" He whined, I chuckled at him which made him roll his eyes at me before putting the handful of chip into his mouth angrily.
"Now, wait, I'm helping you out remember? Come on we can get it done. Wouldn't it be great to have only 52 assignments you have to do than 56 by tomorrow morning?" I went up behind him handing him a paper towel as my arms and head rested on his head.
"You annoy me when you're right." He says with a mouthful of chips, and he grumpily snatches the paper towel from me.
"Finish up eating and let's get started. We'll probably be done in 2 hours." I get up and grab his bookbag and I open up his computer and I set it on the kitchen table. "How about we focus on only one class, you decide which class!"
"Let's get Algebra done, it's my least favorite." He responds as he gets up to wash his hands in the sink.
"Algebra it is."
Time passed by and we ended up getting 5 assignments done. I knew Sapnap couldn't take anymore and it was 5:25.
"Can we please be done! My brain hurts!" Sapnap complained as his head fell onto his notebook.
"Yeah, we can be done." I say holding my hand out for Sapnap to take, he took my hand and got up.
"Hey, I need to take a nap, is it ok if I go rest?" He asks tiredly, he let out a yawn, it was sort of cute, what the honk is wrong with me.
"Yeah, go ahead, I think I'm gonna rest too, and watch anime." Sapnap smiles and asks with a smirk.
"Anime? Say less." I chuckled at his manners, he got on the couch and got blankets. "Can I watch anime with you?"
"Of course!"
I got on the couch and Sapnap let the lazy boy comfort him. I let my part of the couch recline as he kept his up. It was only 12 minutes until Sapnap fell asleep, and fell lazily on to my lap as I had Fruits Basket playing.
My stomach started to fizz up as if I was drinking a sprite. I looked down at his face, he was so soft when he slept. He was perfect, he had slight stubble and a slight bit of acne, but it was all beautiful. Oh my gosh, did I just think that.
But nonetheless it was true. He's beautiful. I think he's beautiful. He snores lightly but yet his mouth was slightly parted, you could see his pearly white teeth. His face was facing me, and I could see it all. His semi long brown hair was gorgeous to me.
Why am I thinking this? I can't be thinking this. Isn't this what you think when you're crushing on someone? I don't like Sapnap like that. I can admire him, there's nothing wrong admiring a friend's looks.
Sapnap then moves, he moves more onto me. In his sleep he mumbled, "Karl can you pet me?"
What was happening.
I mean obviously I complied, how could I deny this cute boy from anything? Wait what? What the honk is wrong with me?!
I slid my hands through his silky hair, his hair being so heavenly. Sapnap is sleeping on my lap, and I am petting him. What has my day come to?
I felt myself slip into a dream, I'm on the familiar railroad, I was looking over the edge into the water I knew. I felt a hand grab mine and lead me down the railroad bridge. A brunette familiar boy laughed as he tugged me along to the middle of the bridge. That laugh was Sapnap's. The boy stopped and faced me to reveal it was actually Sapnap. he let go of my hand and he got closer to me, he leaned in and let his forehead touch mine. There was this glow about him and a soft buttery feeling to his skin. He took his hand and held it against my face, and his thumb caressed my cheek. I could feel his warm strawberry breath. I felt my face heat up as I watched Sapnap's pale face flood into a soft pink. His other hand came up to hold my face as well, and as it did I could hear the beach, yet we were stood on a bridge, overlooking a lake. The seabreeze filled my nose as the smell of the ocean crashed over the strawberry breath of Sapnap's. His breath leaves as he starts to whisper softly, but I couldn't hear a word he said. All I could hear was an alarm.
And I woke up.
I turned the alarm off on my phone, and I see how Sapnap and I's position changed. Sapnap was asleep in between my legs and his head was resting gently on top of my chest. His head would move as my breath would fall.
I didn't want to wake him, but it was 8:00 and we needed to get going. I gently tapped his head, he didn't wake. I then sat up, but the boy just sat up with me, I laid back down and he laid back down with me. Dang, I thought he was a light sleeper. I then said in a soft but loud voice, "Get up, Sapnap, we got a party to go to." He finally stirred, he groggily opened his eyes, and he pushed a hand to my stomach, making me slightly cough.
"Karl?" He said tiredly, before his eyes got adjusted. "Karl why am I here? Did I sleep on your chest? Oh my lord! I'm so sorry! But what the hell happened?" The boy sat up quickly examining the current predicament that we're in.
"Don't worry about it, and I have no idea how we got here." I laughed, as Sapnap stood up and stretched. "But obviously there seems to be a trend when we fall asleep together."
"Oh shut up, Karl, I don't feel like thinking about that." He laughed.

________________________________________________________________________
A/N OH MY LORDIE LORD! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT! I'm so blown away at the fact we have 470 reads! I know some of y'all are probably sick of the slow burn but let me remind you in the story's it's been only been three days since Sapnap tried to commit sewerslide 😂 I'm so happy for all of the feed back and comments, y'all have no idea how much it means and I love responding to all of you! I want to admit that I feel like my writing in the first couple of chapters were really good then my writing just got lazy and sloppy and it's been making me kind of frustrated but you know I'm still developing a style for this whole fanfiction writing stuff so I think it's just me transitioning. I'm sorry if anything seems sloppy, I'm trying my best to write as good as I can for the story. Also this is the first chapter that doesn't contain any major trigger warning Woohoo, I can't say that for the next chapter (sorry but teasing is fun)... I am really starting to grow on the personalities of each character, and I hope y'all can see that through this chapter, because I focused a lot on that. Also I literally am so excited for the next chapter, I almost want to post two today because of how excited I am. Also if y'all have any theories or story suggestions feel free to add them. Also quick question: Would y'all like a oneshots book of mcyt ships? I think focusing on this really built story can make me feel a bit trapped since I know where this is going so having another collection to keep my mind off I thought would be a good idea. Anyways let me know what all y'all want from me and I'll try and deliver. Again, thank you so much for all of the support, y'all are insane and I appreciate everything! Stay Poggers, and remember you are worth it!

Word count: 4378 worrrddsssss
________________________________________________________________________