Ch 25 "Cartoon Network Posters"

TW: mentions of sex and nudity

Karl POV

We ended up not hanging out for the rest of the day after we grabbed lunch.

The feeling of numbness and sudden pain slowly eased up, just like George said it would. It's interesting though, when they had found out about us, George actually deliberately told me about him and Dream and talked to me honestly.

"I can't really understand that pain because I wasn't in that position, but I only know what Dream had described," I recalled him saying and my mouth dropped.

"Wait, you're saying you-?"

"Topped? Yeah, but enough about that," George put in and quickly butted out of the spotlight keeping his composure.

He had gone on to say some pretty useful stuff even though he didn't experience my end of it. Weirdly enough, he was able to describe the feeling I felt perfectly. Him being able to understand exactly what was going on just stood as testament at how close he and Dream are.

It's hard to talk about topics such as this.

Talking about weakness makes you vulnerable.

Being vulnerable during it is a lot, but then being physically vulnerable after is another thing.

Now, I sit on the couch with Sapnap as he's scrolling through numerous Snap stories.

His hand rests on my thigh.

It's weird that whenever he touches me my thoughts get all blurry and I feel like my brain melts into a turmoil that reminds me that he's touched me everywhere.

I'm not bothered with that fact, but it is a little jumpscare that throws me back into the loss of my virginity.

I just feel like that the loss of my virginity has been built to be some big occasion, and maybe that's the religion talking. When it all happened, it was simple and beautiful, and when we both woke up and had recollected what we had done, it still felt ok.

It was all easy.

I feel as if I'm supposed to be feeling embarrassed or guilty, but I'm not.

"Karl?" Sapnap reels me in from my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

He turns and hugs me before pulling me down to where we are lying down.

"What's this for?" I ask.

"I love you."

"I love you too." I pet his hair, "You doing alright?"

"Yeah. I was just thinking," he goes on vaguely.

"About?"

"I promise to you I'll never end up like my parents. I won't get into alcohol or drugs, and I won't ever cheat on you, and I most definitely won't walk out on you."

I push him up off of me so I can see his face. He's smiling sweetly though his words were filled with dark remnants of his burdens. "Why are you saying all of this?"

"Seeing them today just reminded me of how much I don't want to end up like them, and I promise you I won't. We'll get through college and buy whatever house we can and I'll take care of you. We'll get married and throw the perfect wedding with everyone you want there, and a cake that's your favorite flavor." Sapnap rambles, his eyes gleaming with joy with subtleties of pain.

"Do I get a say in this plan of yours?"

"Of course! It's all on your call."

"You let me decorate our house with Cartoon Network posters."