~Adopted~

Y/n gets adopted by the black widow aka Natasha Romanoff. Y/n is 16 and nobody has ever adopted her. Nobody would adopt her now coz of her age, everyone always adopts the younger kids..

Your POV

I woke up and sighed. All I wanted to do is be out of this hell hole. Nobody has ever adopted me and I'm 16 now. Over the years I kind of just gave up on it, life in general as well.

I just want someone to love me and treat me fairly. I mean living here isn't as bad as living on the street can it? I wouldn't know as I rarely go outside.

I put on my clothes and brushed my hair, had a wash and did my teeth. It was 7:45 and breakfast was at 8. If you wasn't down on time you'd get punished and had a right go at. It was normally chores you would do like washing up everybody's plates. And there were over 200 children in the adoption centre.

As I was putting my shoes on I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in" I gulped.

Nobody ever comes into my room unless it's something bad, like that one time when I was 5 I had put acrylic paint all over the toilet walls. I had no food for 2 days and I had to get all the paint of the walls which took me 2 weeks to do.

I never did anything like that ever again.

"Good morning Miss Creer" I said with a straight face.

This woman was so harsh, if looks could kill I would be dead.. she was small and fat, had greasy dark brown hair and a flowery blue top on. She wore the tattiest looking shoes.

"Morning my child. You are being adopted today by Miss Romanoff. I want all of your stuff packed and out of this room to meet her in the hall in 10 minutes. Is that clear!" She sternly said.

"Yes Miss Creer" I nodded.

—————-

I had put all of my clothes and necessities into my suitcase. As I was walking down the stairs and down the hall I was thinking who it could be.

That last name really got me in my thoughts. I heard that name before.

"Hold on. Romanoff. Romanoff. Natasha Romanoff. Oh my god" I whispered to myself.

I was so happy to be adopted and if I was adopted by her. Once every 5 months if you were good enough you could watch TV in the hall. And I was such a big fan of the avengers when I was little. Natasha and Thor were my favourite avengers. I remember watching them on the TV. Sometimes they would have interviews or some would be on talk shows.

I wanted to meet one of them when I grew up but later realised I had literally no chance. Thinking I would be stuck here forever.

I saw someone with their back to me, they had a black leather jacket on, black jeans, long red hair which was platted and black combat boots.

My breath hitched as she turned around to face me. She was so much more beautiful and tall in person. She looked so kind and sweet not like the news had said to us.

"Hey there big girl. Ready to go?" She smirked.

My jaw basically dropped to the floor.

"Oh my god" I whispered.

"N-Natasha Romanoff. Like the Natasha Romanoff aka Blackwidow who's this baddass Russian spy in the avengers?"

"That's me" she smiled.

"I love you oh my god"

I ran up to her and hugged her tightly. Ever since I was about 5 I was a huge fan of hers and then avengers. I'd never think I would meet her let alone her adopt me.

We held hands to the car and she helped me put my suitcase in the back. The car ride was quite silent. I was nervous, very nervous.

"Why me?" I said shyly.

She looked at me and smiled. "When I found out I couldn't have any children it broke me. I had always wanted to raise my own and have a normal life. Relationships never worked out for me, being an avenger and having this tight schedule. But I loved my job so much it was just to hard to let it go. The avengers who are also my family needed me and I needed them. I had thinking about adoption for a long time. Everyone adopts the baby's and the younger children. And when I saw you. You had been in the adoption centre for the longest. You reminded me of me when I was little. I knew I wanted to adopt you y/n"

I had tears in my eyes "t-thank you miss romanoff" I hiccuped.

"Awwee kotenok noo thank u. Also call me Nat"

————-

We arrived at a large white house surrounded by acres of land and forests. There was a small lake to the side of the house and a water fountain. It looked beautiful.

"This is it"

"Wow" I whispered.

We got out the car and Nat pointed to a building in the distance. "See that?" She asked.

"Yeah is that- hold on- the avengers campus?"

"Sure is. We can go after if you want?"

"Eek yes please"

Nat giggled. "The rest of the avengers would love to meet you"

We got inside and Natasha showed me around.

"So I'll do you something to eat as it's lunch now"

"Ok I'll start unpacking my stuff now"

————-

3 months later.

I watched pitch perfect 3 snuggled up to my mom on the couch. She stroked my hair and handed me the popcorn which I took a handful from and shoved it into my mouth. Movie nights with my mom are the best.

"I love you mom" I yawned.

She looked down and realised what I just said. I then remembered I had never called her mom before.

"I love you too sweetheart" she cooed kissing my forehead.