what actually happened

What actually happened

"Are we done here? Can I leave now?" Rosé says as she crosses her arms in front of her chest, moving forward a little to take a step away from the man.

The said man, aka Jungkook, had asked her to come over a moment earlier, to take a photo together and it was times like this where she wonders the reason why he's always so eager to help her when this was all just a farce — a ploy or a game, if you will.

She expected some hesitance on his part, but Jungkook has always been at least ten steps ahead of her. It was almost as if he had asked her to enter this fake relationship with him, instead of the other way round.

Jungkook was steadily typing on his phone and when she started walking away, the gap between them widening, and his head snapped up to finally look at the girl.

"Hey, hey hold on. Where you going?" Hot on her heels, Jungkook catches her arm to whirl her around.

"There. See? I tweeted it." He brings up his phone to show that he has, in fact, tweeted the picture they took together.

It was a simple picture, but Rosé didn't really know why she felt her heart squeeze a little at how intimate they looked. Almost like a real couple. She squirmed, discomforted by the strange feeling settling in her chest.

"Okay, great. Now can I leave?" She says as she rolls her eyes, body ready to turn away from him again, "I don't want to be stuck here with you."

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Just a moment ago, she was complimenting his game but now she has been nothing but snarky towards him. He wonders if he had said something to piss her off but he couldn't really think of a moment when he did.

"What's up with you all of a sudden? Did I do something wrong?"

Rosé frowns. "No. Does it look like there's something wrong?"

"I don't know. I just figured I did something to make you mad."

"Figured that only now huh," She murmurs under her breath.

Jungkook gasps in mock horror, but his eyes showed a hint of amusement, "So you are mad at me!"

Fidgeting, Rosé wasn't ready to look at him in the eyes, afraid she might actually lose her wits if he catches her lying, so she settles for staring at the vending machine to her right instead. Oh they sell Cola here. Cool cool cool.

To be honest, she didn't know why she feels so irritated with him. He had asked her to come down to meet him here and when she did, she saw that he had been talking AND smiling (with that stupid, stupid smile of his) to two other girls — who were both really pretty. It made her stomach churn. She didn't know why she felt that way but she knew that she definitely didn't like the feeling.

Rosé had memorised the contract like the back of her hand. And it says clearly that they're not supposed to see other people besides each other. Well of course, he was obviously just talking to them but knowing him, he was probably flirting with them too. So she has every right to be angry, doesn't she? And this was definitely not jealousy, Oh god no. She was merely just being loyal to the contract!

"Pfft. No, I'm not." She finally responds.

"Oh, please. Look at that frown. It's deeper than the Pacific Ocean."

Rosé scoffs in disbelief. How dare he.

"First of all, you're making me even more angry with you. Second-"

"You just admitted it."

She pauses, irritated that Jungkook had easily interrupted her, "Admitted what?"

"That you are angry with me."

"No, I didn't."

"Yes, you did."

"No, I-" She thinks again, "Oh."

Jungkook bites his lip to stop himself from smiling, eyes memorising the sulky expression on her face. She's so cute when she's mad, he thinks.

Swiftly, he grabs her hand, not minding the surprised look on her face, and laces his fingers with hers.

"...What are you doing?" Rosé blinks once. Twice. And she looks down to their intertwined hands and then back up to him.

"Relax, see. People are watching." He whispers and Rosé darts her eye to the side to see and there were indeed a few people watching — some were girls openly gawking at them.

"You wouldn't want them to find out, would you?" His eyes glinted in mischief, "That you're fighting with your boyfriend."

And Rosé desperately wants to wipe that smirk off his face.

"Fake. Boyfriend." She pursed her lips.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever," Jungkook passively replies and finally pulls her towards him, urging her to follow his footsteps, "I don't know what I did to make you mad but I'll walk you home to make up for it. Let's go."

Her heart flutters in her chest, involuntarily of course. Rosé is definitely not used to this and she thinks it's best if she doesn't get used to it anyways. Because this was merely all for show. It was fake.

And she knew all that but for now, she settles for enjoying his attention on her. Even if it makes her heart ache a little.

a/n: surprise! there will actually be more written parts in this au. as i said before, this story may turn explicit so i had to brush up on my writing a little bit to prepare for that one. not ready 🙈 and please tell what u think <3