i love you. (M)

a/n: this chapter contains mature content. please read at your discretion! thank you.

"He's not picking up."

Chaeyoung hears her friend groan from the front passenger seat. "God, seriously? Call him again."

She feels her heart speed up in her chest out of nervousness as she presses the dial again. Just like the last time, the call went straight to voicemail.

"Joy... He's not picking up." Her bottom lip quivers, "What if it's too—"

"Do not finish that sentence, Park Chaeyoung." Joy interrupts her, her tone serious. "We are getting you to Suwon and you will find him, you'll talk to him, say you love him, kiss and makeup, or make out, I don't know. But you'll be fine. Trust me."

"Hell yeah! It's not nine yet." Joy's cousin, Seulgi, looks at her through the front mirror and smiles broadly. "Besides, if it doesn't work out, he'll come back in 2 weeks. You can talk to him then."

The girl is a few years older than the both of them and had vibrated in excitement when Joy had told her about Chaeyoung's plan.

But as much as she likes the bubbly extrovert, she was far too nervous and worried to play along with her positivity. So instead, she nods slowly, chewing her lips.

Chaeyoung doesn't think she could wait for another two weeks.

The rest of the drive on the way to Suwon had been fairly quiet if one doesn't count the sounds of rain pattering against the car, the nervous tapping of Joy's fingertips against the dashboard, or the incessant murmuring of the radio DJ playing softly in the background.

By the time they reached the location Yugyeom sent her, it was almost nine.

"Jungkook lives here?" Joy's eyes widened in surprise.

Chaeyoung looks out the window, overseeing the apartment. The Hanrim Plaza is a handsome high-rise building in what seems to be one of the most affluent neighborhoods in Suwon.

She had paid no mind when Yugyeom initially texted her the address. She had been far too distracted by other things anyways.

"This Jungkook guy sure is rich." She hears Seulgi snicker as she drives them towards the entrance. "Good for you, Chaeyoung. I like my man rich too, y'know."

"It's his brother's apartment," Chaeyoung replies absent-mindedly then unlocks her phone to check the time.

Five more minutes till nine.

"I should date his brother then." She hears the older girl rattle on, "Get his number for me, will you? Who knows, we could be in-laws."

"Shut up, unnie." Joy chides. "He might be an old man, y'know."

Ignoring the two, Chaeyoung looks ahead to consider her next course of action.

There were a couple of cars in front of them waiting to get through the gates too so it would take some time for them to reach the front entrance.

Then her gaze landed to her left. There was a smaller gate where visitors could walk in.

She curled her hand on the car door handle.

"Hey, I like older men too!" Seulgi dramatically gasps towards her cousin, "Remember my ex-boyf—"

As soon as the car slowed down to a pause, Chaeyoung wasted no time unbuckling her seatbelt and throwing open the door.

"Wait, where are you going? We're not there yet!" Joy exclaims, turning around quickly from her seat.

Adrenaline rushes through Chaeyoung as she hastened out the door, not bothering to look at the two girls. "It's fine! I can run from here!"