apology not accepted

"So this whole time we thought you were dating Rosé turned out to be all a lie?" Yugyeom asks but Jungkook simply hummed in response, his eyes never leaving the screen of his phone.

[To: Rosé]
That's the second time you said bye to me 😂
but fine I won't bother you anymore today
bye ❤️

Jungkook grins to himself. These past few days with Chaeyoung were some of the giddiest moments of his life — first, she was slowly opening up to him and then she had accepted when he asked her out. Most importantly, he got to kiss her. Three times, in fact. He knew he had a long way to go to get her to fully respond to his confessions but Jungkook didn't mind waiting as long as she felt comfortable. Because he knows she's worth it.

"Will you quit texting your girl? I'm trying to have a conversation with you here!" The man sitting across from him grumbles loudly, bringing Jungkook out of his little Chaeyoung dreamland.

"I'm sorry," Jungkook says as he locks his phone and puts it in his pocket, "What was it you said?"

Yugyeom rolls his eyes at that and crosses his arms over his chest, "I was talking about you and Rosé faking a relationship."

"Ah," Jungkook smiles, "I have you to thank for that."

"What?" Yugyeom asks, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"If it weren't for you being my friend, she wouldn't have approached me."

Yugyeom pauses, "What the fuck are you saying?"

Jungkook barks out in laughter seeing his friend's reaction. He didn't know where to start. They were only strangers at first when Chaeyoung had approached him and Jungkook was merely bored and wanted something fun to do when he had accepted her fake dating idea. But in such a short period of time, he got to see the many different sides of her — the ones she rarely shows to other people and the ones she shows only him.

And suffice to say, he likes all of them — all her good sides and all her bad.

He likes the way she smiles when she watches him on the field. He likes the way she's so monotonous when she's texting him but so expressive when they're meet in real life. He likes the faces she makes when he teases her. He likes the way her eyes light up and her cheeks tinge in pink when she's arguing with him on a point she believes in.

Jungkook has just never felt the way he does with anyone else before. And he has only Chaeyoung to blame. The girl is just so unpredictable.

"So you're fucking whipped," Yugyeom finally says after Jungkook finished telling him about Chaeyoung.

"That I am," He says.

Jungkook doesn't even care because it's true. He's just so deeply in love. And he would tell the world if he could. But not right now. Not when she isn't ready.

"Damn, but she could have just told me she's not interested. I would have backed off either way," Yugyeom sighs and leans back into his chair.

"Gyeom, I love you like a brother but you are a fucking moron. She clearly wasn't reciprocating and your texts made her uncomfortable."

"How?" Yugyeom dramatically gasped.

"You kept texting her after she said no."

"I just thought after she broke up with her ex she would be more open to hanging out." Yugyeom says under his breath, suddenly feeling small. Jungkook could be scary when he's mad.

"Did she ever show interest in hanging out with you?" Jungkook asks, his patience slowly wearing thin.

"...No."

"Dumbass. Haven't you learned not to make women uncomfortable?"

"Hey! Look I'm sorry," Yugyeom says, and he watches the way Jungkook's eyebrows rise, "I didn't know okay?"

"It's not me you should apologise to. It's her."

//

a/n: the way men usually only hold themselves accountable when another male counterpart points out their mistakes 😤 anyways, moving on~