can you feel it too?

a/n: dshkdskdskd this chapter is so cheesy!!!! i was snorting so much trying to write it but i hope everyone enjoys this one (or not) >___<

Chaeyoung practically skips down the stairs of her dorm building. To say she's excited to meet Jungkook was an understatement. Ever since she realised her feelings for him a couple days ago, the warmth that was merely bubbling in her chest now felt almost explosive, boiling uncontrollably against her that it could burst out at any moment.

She had spent the past two nights cooped up in her room, trying to properly come to terms with her feelings and it felt like a combination of heaven and hell. Heaven because she just couldn't believe the man she has feelings for likes her just as much, if not more. Hell because she had tried denying her feelings again but not until a text message came from Jungkook simply saying "Goodnight love" and she swore she could almost hear Lisa cursing at her through the wall separating their rooms because she had been screaming and jumping on her bed in excitement.

She had figured at that moment that lying to herself was utterly useless because someone as blaringly consuming as Jeon Jungkook was hard to ignore and oh boy, was she vastly underprepared for him to take a huge space in her heart. In fact, all the space in her heart was for him now. He had permanently taken residence there and she feared that he would never get out.

Feeling the tingles and rush of something akin to a first love, Chaeyoung walked quickly on the pavement heading towards the campus field, her heart beating in her chest in a speed that could probably shatter glass. She had been way too excited to walk out her dorm room that she hadn't bothered to dress up and was only wearing her usual t-shirt and plaid pyjama pants.

It was freezing that night and the cold winds biting through the thin layer of her cotton t-shirt made her shudder, and she felt the goosebumps start to form on her skin. It was definitely not the greatest idea to go out without wearing a jacket but Chaeyoung couldn't care less. The nervous jitters she was feeling had blinded her too much.

Impatient, Chaeyoung began to drift away from the pavement and chose instead to walk on the uneven grass where it leads closer to the sports section of campus, a shortcut that she discovered last week. She breathed uneasily as she came over the top of the hill where it leads towards the field, almost tripping over the roots of an oak tree, and she gripped the trunk to catch her balance. Lifting her head, her eyes sought out to find the path towards the field but before she could move forward again, her phone buzzed in her pocket and Chaeyoung fished it out, the screen lighting up to show that a new message has been received.

It was from Jungkook.

[From: Jungkook]
look behind you

Chaeyoung tried to calm her racing heart that was thumping excessively against her chest. Her eyes skimmed over the words over and over again before she turned around to see Jungkook a good few meters away from her, his silhouette small from where she was standing. 

Her jaw loosened as a wave of emotions flooded her all at once; surprise, happiness and confusion. And Chaeyoung is terrible at being discreet especially when it comes to Jungkook. She should not be as obvious as she is now, standing at her spot by the oak tree, not making a move until he starts to walk up to her, and she noticed one of his hands was carrying his sports bag that was slung over his shoulder, and another holding his phone.

As he moved closer towards her, his eyes never leaving hers, Chaeyoung realises that he was heavily breathing, catching his breath — almost like he had been running a marathon.

"Chaeyoung?" He asks when he was just a few steps away, "What are you doing?"

"Jungkook.." She greeted quietly, "I found a shortcut to the field."