the ex-boyfriend

The last time Rosé spoke to her ex-boyfriend, Kim Taehyung (about a month ago, she couldn't quite remember), she had told him she never wanted to see him again, or, at least that's what she thought she had told him.

Now here she was standing near the courtyard of Beta Tau Sigma, the fraternity where the same Kim Taehyung resides at. And he was right in front of her, body half-leaning against the door frame and she realised there was no way to escape him.

Rosé had genuinely been insane to even agree with Jungkook in going to a party held by Taehyung's fraternity. If it hadn't been for that damn contract, she thinks she wouldn't even be in his suffocating presence.

She had tried her best to stick to Jungkook once they arrived to the party, hands never leaving his and he had introduced her to all his friends from the football team. While she would rather not see the same faces that used to constantly bother her with messages, she was grateful that at least she didn't have to see Taehyung or his friends.

Jungkook, on the other hand, had been nothing short of a loving fake boyfriend. He was always asking her if she was alright or if she wanted to hang out somewhere else — too accommodating that Rosé almost wanted to tell him "Just go party! I'll be fine!" but of course she didn't, because she wanted to be a little selfish with his attention. (But don't tell Jennie that though.)

But Jungkook had left a couple minutes earlier with the promise of getting them drinks and Rosé desperately wants him back right by her side because fuck the drinks and fuck Kim Taehyung.

"Rosie." And there it was again. The deep, familiar sound of his voice, which she had once loved and adored, now feels more like a slap in her face with the way he's smiling at her like nothing had happened a month ago.

Feeling her throat clenching in nervousness, Rosé shakes her head. "Why are you here?" And she held her chin a little higher to keep herself composed.

"Why do you think I'm here?" He tilts his head, eyes twinkling in amusement and says, "This is my party, remember?"

She blinks, feeling an embarrassed flush start to creep up her face. Before she could respond, Taehyung takes a few more steps closer to her until he was right in front of her, both of them separated only by a tile. Rosé grips her phone tightly.

"I miss you."

Her lips tightened into a hard line and her jaw locked up as she stared at the man in front of her, the man that had once meant the whole world to her. But not anymore. Her hands balled up into fists at her side as she desperately tries to keep her composure.

"Don't." Her voice croaked a little from built up anger and she was afraid she might break down in front of him, the last person she ever wanted to let see her cry.

Taehyung sighs, and he pushes his hair that was covering his eyes back before looking at her straight in the eyes again, this time noticing how angry she looked.

"You still haven't forgiven me, have you?"

"You have no right to ask me that question," Rosé seethes, taking a step back further from Taehyung. "You know what you did."

"Rosie," He frowns, "Please don't be difficult."

"Difficult?" She scoffs.

Her knuckles turning white around her phone before she let her arms drop to her side. And she could only let out a humourless laugh. "You think I'm being difficult?"

"Then tell me," Taehyung sighs again, "why are you really here?"

"I'm here with my boyfriend." Rosé says but the word 'boyfriend' felt so heavy on her tongue. "And he's gonna be back here any minute now."

"That's just bullshit."

"Excuse me?"

"You two," He chuckles breathlessly, "It's bullshit." A beat of silence passes and Taehyung continues, ignoring the way her brows were knitting together — a thing she does whenever she was pissed off. And Rosé was very pissed off.

"It has only been what — a month since we broke up?" He pauses, "more than a month, whatever. And you came to this party — my party, one that you've refused to go so many times before while we were dating and now you're here with some guy you'd never go for in a million years. Seriously Chaeyoung? You'd go as far as to hit up the captain of the football team just to make me jealous? Out of all people?!That's bullshit!"

What..the..fuck..? Rosé couldn't believe what she was hearing at the moment. She knew that people would get ideas of her coming to her ex-boyfriend's party with a new guy but she didn't think he would actually fall for that. And as much as Rosé didn't want to admit it, Kim Taehyung is a very smart man. But no smart man would say whatever he was saying right now. Maybe it was the alcohol in his system making him say that but Rosé knew better. Kim Taehyung is still not over her.

"That's so classic of you, Tae. So very classic," Rosé emphasises. "It may seem like a surprise to you but my world does not revolve around you. Maybe it did before, which was stupid of me, but I don't date to make you, or anyone at all, jealous."

"But you're right," she continues, voice breaking a little from the impending angry cry-fest she was about to go through, "this is your party and I shouldn't have come. So I'm leaving and I don't ever want to see you approach me again. We're done — we've been done."

Taehyung's mouth opened to say something, but his tongue was a mess in it, her words weighed heavy in his stomach. He wanted to say something, anything, to make her stay but before he could even respond, Rosé had pushed past him and was walking out the door.

He had seen this all before and had noticed the same face she made when they broke up. He knows now that she is well over him, which was unfortunate for him, but it doesn't matter anymore. Because Kim Taehyung will keep trying until she returns back to his arms.

a/n: after almost a week of no updates, i hope u guys enjoyed this spam!! hehe please again, let me know what you think