i'm here.

As Jungkook carefully pulls up to the driveway, Rosé feels her heart start to hammer loudly in her chest.

She was feeling so many things at once, her hands beginning to feel clammy. Truthfully, coming here took so much courage that Rosé didn't know she had in her. She never liked frat parties or anything that had to do with fraternities. It had always been too much for her to handle — the sound, the place, the smell and obviously, the people.

And the worst thing about all this was the fact that her ex-boyfriend would be here. And she absolutely despised him.

She had accepted Jungkook's invitation mostly because she didn't have a choice and she thought it'd be okay since he would be there and she wouldn't be alone. Besides, a tiny part of her thought it would feel nice to come to Kim Taehyung's party with someone new. But she was sorely mistaken. It didn't feel nice at all.

And because Rosé is a sweetheart through and through, the idea of coming here with a fake boyfriend to her ex-boyfriend's party just feels so ridiculous and upsetting to her. And she was afraid that it may look as if she is trying to get back at him when that isn't the case at all. She doesn't care about that man anymore.

The door on her side opens, revealing a smiling Jungkook, with that toothy grin and dimples flashing, which pleasantly interrupted her train of thought.

"Hey, you okay?" He asks, voice laced with concern when he notices she wasn't moving from her seat.

She forces a smile. "Uh yeah, yeah. I'm just a little nervous."

He offers up his hand and she takes it, her body warms immediately to his touch and Rosé wonders if Jungkook naturally had the ability to calm her down.

"Don't be," he whispers into her ear and he smiles when he pulled away, "I'm here."