you won't see it coming

Chaeyoung looks at her reflection in the elevator.

Her mouth was shining a little too much for her liking and she thumbs her bottom lip to remove the excess gloss.

Although Jungkook had told her to dress comfortably, she still didn't want to miss the chance of trying to look good for him by at least wearing some makeup-a bit of eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss.

It has been a long time since she wore makeup for a man too.

Not that she needed any of it.

Chaeyoung is confident in her looks but she can't deny that she loves the feeling of looking good for someone else. And her heart beats rapidly in her chest, picturing Jungkook smiling at her and telling her she looks pretty.

When the elevator doors finally open, Chaeyoung excitedly skips out into the dorm lobby.

She shivers a little, suddenly all too aware of the cold.

The heaters weren't working at ground level and the front doors were continuously closed and opened, as there were still many students who still chose to stay in during the winter break, inviting cold air to rush in.

"Chaeyoung!" A feminine voice calls from her side.

Chaeyoung turns her head to look at whoever was calling her. She is surprised to see that it was the girl she had literature classes with.

Kim Jisoo.

The two of them weren't close per se but they were comfortable enough with each other to partner up for projects. They even had a few lunches together in between classes so seeing the older girl encourages a smile out of her.

Chaeyoung bows to greet Jisoo, who was standing in front of the dorm lobby's one and only HotBake vending machine. "Hey, Jisoo. You're staying on campus too?"

"Yeah, I have a part-time job nearby but I'll return home for Christmas and New Year's Eve next week." Jisoo smiles warmly at her. "Where are you heading?"

Chaeyoung stills for a moment, her brain processing words to say before she sighs dreamily. "I'm meeting my boyfriend. We're going on a date."

Boyfriend. That rolled off her tongue way too easily.

She bites down a smile.

She sees Jisoo nodding her head in understanding. "Ahhh, Jeon Jungkook right?"

Wait, she knows him? "You know him?"

Jisoo laughs immediately when she sees Chaeyoung's surprised face. "I think everyone knows him."

Chaeyoung mentally facepalms herself.

Obviously the entire campus knows who her boyfriend is. Jeon Jungkook is practically a household name in SNU.

"Right. Of course." She mutters under her breath, nodding.

"And I'm pretty sure everyone knows you two are dating too. I bet all the boys are cursing Jungkook as much as his fangirls do to you, huh?"

Chaeyoung laughs.

She knows Jisoo could be saying that just to amuse her but she can't help but feel reassured that people know that they're together.

When the vending machine beeps, Jisoo turns away from her to carefully take out a warm sandwich from the pick-up slot.

Not looking at Chaeyoung anymore, she says, "He's outside, by the way. I saw him on my way here. I think he's been standing outside his car for more than 10 minutes."