7. home sweet home

Eden Salvatore

The honeymoon was my utter nightmare. Everyday I experience my own living hell swallowing me whole into the depth of its burning fire. I wished I was dead. It was complete torture to be there, with her clothed and naked.

And, when the two weeks ended I couldn't be more happy to the get the hell out of there and back to my hospital where I would never leave ever again.

We had just landed on England's ground and were on our way to the estate when the car came to an abrupt stop, snapping me out of my thoughts. My arm instinctively flew to the back of my wife holding her against my side, preventing her body from crashing into the passenger seat.

" Who the fuck are they? " I grunted in annoyance.

My eyes zoomed on the two black Mercedes that were parked in front of us. The sound of Thane loading his gun blasted through the car as multiple masked men came running out of the cars, pointing their guns at us before shooting the front tires of our car.

Fuck me. I was in no mood for this.

" Princess, I need you to stay still. " I mutter under my breath, opening the car container beside us.

" Why are they all bald? Their heads are shinier than my lipgloss. " Adalina cringed, narrowing her eyes at those men.

" Do you know how to use a gun? " I asked, grabbing the guns from the car container.

" Are you insulting me? I'm a princess not a damsel in distress. Hand me the fucking gun. " she huffed, plucking her lips into a pout.

Nodding my head, I handed her a gun which she gracefully took from my hand. Excitement glinted across her eyes as she loaded the gun. I wondered did I perhaps married a royal psychopath.

Shaking my head, I turned my attention back to Thane. " How many idiots are out there, Thane? "

" Twelve. Plus two drivers. " he gritted out, glaring at the men in front of our car.

" Okay. Four each. Winner gets the drivers. " my wife shrugged before grabbing the door handle.

I stopped her hand when Thane let out a huge NO as we both stared at her with wide eyes. She stared between our hands and my face before sighing.

" Are you insane, your highness? " Thane cursed under his breath.

" Are you a pussy, Thane? " she fought back making him gasped in disbelief.

" Are you stupid? Stupid get you killed. But, you being dead is free divorce for me. So be my guest. " I narrowed my eyes at her and then let go of her hand.

A scowl appeared on her face as my words sank into her head. " Don't be ridiculous. Not even death can do us part. I will haunt you. "

Sighing, I turned my gaze back to the situation before hand. Thane muttered curses then walked out of the car with his gun held high up and he dared called my wife insane.

The first bullet was shot by Thane and hell broke loose after that. They were fast but we were faster. The princess and I got out of the car the same time, firing back them. I could tell whoever sent these useless bastards here didn't want to really kill us.

I kept tilting my head sideways to steal glances at the princess as more men came running out of their cars. She was fighting against two men twice bigger than her size but she didn't disappoint. I wondered where did she learn how to fight, in those bloody heels.