30. kentucky fried chicken

Eden Salvatore

I stared at the empty space beside me with a frown. She placed a pillow in my arm and left. The bed was cold and lingered was the scent of her sweet winter roses and soap.

Elliot sat on the chair beside me with a computer on his laps, furiously typing away his life while his mouth kept opening and closing again and again and again. His nonsense and utter bullshit rang through my eardrums that I could barely hear the voices inside my head anymore.

Then there was this stupid grin he had spattered across his face, no doubts having the time of his life trying to hack into the royal computer system.

He was way too fucking cheery. I just wanted the grey clouds above my head to swallow and suck the life out of him.

" Do you think the King will throw me into his dungeon if he finds out I did this? I meant we're practically family. He would forgive me right? " he asked for the hundredth times.

" I wonder if I can get one of these Duke's daughters number. A royal fuck sounds pretty classy to me. " he continued.

There was no such thing as the devil whispering inside my ears. I took full responsibility of my thoughts and the voices in my head. And, right now I had murder on my mind.

I wondered if mother would ever find it in her beautiful heart to forgive me for killing her other son. Perhaps not, if it was solely for self defense because if I didn't have a concussion before, I sure as hell had one now or maybe even a fucking tumor.

" I don't think you need to talk to me at all. " I sighed, running a hand down my face.

He snapped his head up to look at me. His eyes grey and amused, " Is my presence irritating your highness? " he chuckled.

" Your whole existence is irritating. I should've eaten you in that womb when I had the chance. Why are you even here? " I scowled at him.

" I love you too, little brother. " he winked then turned his attention back to the computer.

Elliot didn't talk to me after that. Silence invaded the air and the sound of his keyboards clicking filled the hallow room. God, I hated this damn room and all seven ancestors of its builder.

I sighed as I leaned my back on the headboard, enjoying the peaceful feeling which lasted for about five minutes before his mouth started opening again.

I should have known better. I only spent two decades and a half with him after all.

" Would you trade your wife for a packet of Oreos? " the peasant asked. " Double stuffed. " he added quickly.

Frowning slightly at the ceiling, I silently huffed to myself. " Don't talk to me. "

" Shit. You love her, don't you? " he chuckled wholeheartedly and I could hear his smirk from here without looking at his shitty face.

Every words however ceased to exist as they all burnt at the very back of my throat. I sucked in my own breath and the blood in my vein ran ice cold at his question.

I would no doubt rip the whole world apart and remake it myself if she wasn't there, the entire living species would suffer under my wrath. I would die for her in a heartbeat. And, shit I almost did.

But, did I love that damn woman? Fuck. No. I didn't think so. Not in this lifetime.

Elliot grinned at my reaction but didn't say another word when the door was opened and then kicked shut again after Thane and Ace strolled inside the room.