22. an affair with chandler lincoln

Adalina Salvatore

The palace was miserable and the crown on my head had never been heavier.

My husband was nowhere to be found. He basically disappeared into thin air awhile after glaring at our supposed chamber like it was the most horrid room to exist. He looked sick as he took in the golden bed frame and the carved designs on the wall. It was the best part of the morning until mother announced we were having an afternoon tea.

The maidens helped me dress in silk and draped a hundred strings of pearls around my whole body. I almost looked like the duchess dowager and I wouldn't be surprised if she picked this out herself.

Sighing, I sulked my whole way to the garden where the Hastings and the royal family were having tea. We gathered around the table in the middle of colorful nature where flowers perfumed the air and butterflies flapped their wings enjoying the cool afternoon.

I however found this afternoon dreading. I kept squirming in my seat, staring at the people that I thought was family as I listened to them chattered away, asking me about my life here and there. My cousins, aunts, and uncles were some nosy people and the royal blood made them extra gossipy.

" I assure you I can kick your husband in the sin if he isn't treating you right, princess. " one of my distant uncle stated, making the whole table laughed in delights agreeing with him. I smiled awkwardly at his delusion.

" Yeah right. " Blaze snorted beside me.

Aunty Beth nodded her head smiling, " I myself have a black belt in karate. I'll help, your grace. "

Blaze snorted again. " I bet she slept her way up to that black belt. " I choked on my tea.

Zach stared at us weirdly from across the table as I tried to hide my giggles with a cough. My father on the other hand must have heard us, he kept clearing his throat all while looking rather traumatized by the new information.

Shaking my head, I tore my gaze away to the figure walking through the garden like he owned the place. I felt my breath caught in my throat and lungs stopped working as I struggled to breath air.

The devil was real and he wasn't the little red boy with horns attached on top of his head. He dressed in white dress shirt and a pair of black slacks covering his long legs. His hair was a mess, fresh blood smeared across the structure of his cheekbone, covering his fingers, and stained the sleeves that he rolled up to his elbows.

He was sinfully beautiful, a sight for sore eyes indeed.

Teacups and spoons clattered together as they fell from each hands and dropped on the table. The chatters faded away in the background in a span of second. All pair of eyes burnt holes on my skin as I rose up from my chair to greet my husband with a smile on my face.

" Were you hurt? " I asked, brushing my thumb across his cheek.

He stared at me blankly, shaking his head. I sighed in relief then led him to the empty seat beside mine. He cocked an eyebrow at everyone before taking the fancy napkins my mother placed on the table and started wiping the blood off of his fingers.

" Is this our prince? The future of this country? He looked like a criminal on the loose. " one of the duke broke the silence.