26. a man with charm

Adalina Salvatore

I was drowning in my own blood as I fought for life.

The bathtub was as red as the roses in the nearby vase. I felt myself fading away through spaces struggling to gasp for air.

Red liquid surrounded me, sucking and suffocating as my arms fought the water for dear life and legs kicking to get up. It felt like hell, almost like bad karma for committing sin on myself.

I breathed in air and coughed out water that filled my lungs when I finally managed to sit straight up. " Shit. " I cursed under my breath.

Staring at my own reflection on the water, I wondered how long had been staying in here. I could have bled to death.

I sat there tired and lifeless as I watched the bloody water drained away. Cleaning and bandaging the wounds hurt like a bitch despite the fact that I felt nothing but numbness while causing it. I almost regretted it but I didn't.

I slowly slipped into a sweater and sweatpants, not wanting to annoy him to death while he tried to figure out what happened if he saw the bandage on my thigh.

The room was empty when I got out and I let out a sigh in relief. Dark sky and cold wind. I tucked myself under the duvet and stared at the moon for hours.

" Don't move or I'll slit your throat. "

I stiffed, feeling the sharp blade being pressed directly on my neck. I craned my neck up slightly to look at the intruder. I felt my the corner of my lips lifted into a smirk as my eyes traced the shadow of his face hidden in the dark and structure of his jawline.

Bringing up arm out of the duvet, I wrapped my fingers around his wrist. " I never knew you have a knife kink, my prince. " I chuckled softly.

He removed the knife at my remarks and stepped out of the shadow. His eyes flared at my face and my heartbeat quickened when he slightly brushed the cold blade on my cheekbone then to my jaw, tilting my face upward to fully meet his eyes.

" You could have died. You simply don't flirt with a serial killer, my darling wife. " he murmured and I grinned.

" You finally noticed that I was flirting with you? "

" Get up. I need to show you something. " he muttered then stalked toward the door.

" That wasn't a very nice way to wake up your wife. " I rolled my eyes at his back, rising from the bed.

" You weren't sleeping. And, would you rather I tied a ticking bomb to your neck? "

I laughed wholeheartedly at him. " Just when I thought you couldn't be anymore kinkier. "

" Shut your mouth. I swear to fucking God I will rip out your larynx . " he muttered before opening the door and walked out.

" Eden Salvatore, you filthy dirty bastard wait for me. " I shouted after him.

I clung onto his arm as we walked into the dark forest. Strolling through the empty corridors at the abandoned wing of the castle was one thing but to go into a bloody forest at night was something else.

Chills ran down my spine and cold wind kept plastering across my face. It felt like a sharp knife was cutting through skin. The wolves were howling and unknown animals were weeping into the night. I kept my attention on his calmingly slow breathing and the sound of leaves crunching beneath our feet.

" Is this our first date? " I asked, looking around the dark forest.

He huffed silently. " Sure. "