11. meeting the hastings

Adalina Salvatore

" You can't just show up at my workplace and dragged me out. "

" You own the hospital. "

" I have a lot of works to do. " he whined for the hundredth times.

" I checked your schedule. You're free. " I sighed, leaning back into the car seat.

" I don't want to go. "

" You don't have to want to go. You just simply have to go. "

" That's stupid. This is kidnapping. "

" You can't turn down the king and queen's invitation. And, Blaze will be there. "

" What make you think I want to meet him? Now, you're making me want to jump out of this car. " he groaned.

" Can you two please stop arguing for five minutes? I'm driving and you both are driving me insane, your highness. " Thane sighed from the driver's seat.

" Sorry, Thane. " Eden and I mumbled at the same time.

Then the car was drop dead silence. He didn't say another word and neither did I. I glanced out the car window as we pulled over down the royal road, a few miles until we reached the castle. I watched little snowflakes drizzling and melting on the window. I could feel his burning gaze on the back of my head, no doubt glaring at me. I mentally sighed.

Father and mother rose from their seats as we entered the royal garden where we would be having lunch. With a huge grin on each faces, my parents approached us.

My husband gave my dad a bro hug, with a slap in the back and all. I stood still in shock as my father chuckled airily. " How are you, son? Is the princess giving you any troubles? "

" She's a nightmare. " Eden shook his head and my father chuckled while patting his back.

What. The. Hell.

" Good afternoon, gorgeous. " he went on and greeted my mother with a peck on her cheek. She laughed and squeezed his cheeks, cooing about how adorable he was.

Seriously, what the hell?

" Did I miss something? " I muttered lowly to myself.

" Your husband keeps stealing the Hasting's hearts like it is his full time job. " Blaze's voice shook me out of my daze. I let out a small yelp in surprise when he gave me a sideway hug before shoving me into my father's embrace.

" How are you, my sweet baby? " father grinned, pulling me closer into his arms. Mother came over and kissed my cheek.

" Oh so now you remember me. " I narrowed my eyes at the two.

" I'm sure your aunty will remember you, A. Why don't you go and greet her? She's over at the table. " Blaze smirked knowingly.

" Fuck you, your grace. " I groaned as we all headed to the table in the middle of the garden.

The duchess dowager, Elizabeth Hasting was a MILF still thriving at the age of fifty seven. Her long strawberry blonde hair was to die for and you would literally die if you forgot to acknowledge the strawberry part. Her enchanting greenish blue eyes were mesmerizing and with her curvy figure I was sure every eligible bachelors in England wanted her. Except she was still in love with her late husband and for that I admired the fuck out of her but sometimes she was just too much.

It was safe to say that we had a love-hate relationship.

" Adalina dear, how are you? Did you put on some weight, your highness? What are you wearing? " Aunty Beth stood up from her seat and pulled me in for a closer looks.