Chapter one

At that moment I should have left, but I stayed, I stayed rooted in place, waiting for the mystery that I am pretty sure will break me to unravel before my eyes. A part of me was dying to know, and the other part knew that I deserve this, not out of karma, but out of complete faith that I am a terrible, horrible person, I didn't ruin his life, or anyone's for that matter, not that I know of. All I know is that every day I try and ruin mine with toxicity whether it is from within me or sucked out of the people around me, and it finally caught up to me, my life is ruined, well I think so, what I am about to know is either really bad or extremely horrific that the Merriam Webster doesn't have words for it yet.

Two weeks ago

"What are you still doing in bed, get up, get up." Screeched my annoying older sister.

Supposedly, today is my katb-kitab day. Don't ask me how I came this far, how someone even took me seriously and considered marrying me. Me, Amina Ali! This is honestly beyond my understanding.

"Okay, okay, I am awake. You  know, you are supposed to be extra nice today, not extra annoying." I told her while hugging my dear blanket one last time before giving up its warmth. Do not get me wrong, I am super excited to get married. I just want to sleep. 

"This is me being extra nice and saving you from mom, that will be barging in in 3,2,1." She retorted. As if on cue mom came into the room, sort of screaming at me for still being in bed.

"Oh, mama, you know, I will miss you too, really."I snickered while kissing her good morning.

"Yeah, yeah as if I don't know that you have been waiting for this day for the entire last year!" She replied, raising her eyebrows at me. What is with this family this morning? So much energy. So much sass.

"Mhm.. if you will excuse me, I would like to freshen up." I said while puffing up my pjs collar and trying to hide my blush.

"Sure, let's go Ray. Let's leave the princess to get ready." She addressed my sister and headed to the door while adding "do not take long in the shower, the hair and make up girls are coming in at 12."

"When have I ever taken a long time in the shower lovely mama?" I batted my eyelashes sweetly at her.

They left the room, I glanced at the clock, and it was 11:00. I started to have a mini panic attack. Given the fact that today is a very important day. I have to take a luxurious shower and pamper myself with the things that I got last week at the mall which are So many scented vanilla stuff.
After finishing up my shower, and lathering up with fancy lotions, I put on a simple robe that has the word bride on the back. My silly sister and my twin Amin got it for me in order to celebrate the occasion.

Soon enough, my room started to fill up with different people: Cousins, my friends, and the hair & makeup girls. Even though I am a hijabi, they stressed on doing my hair for "The special day" and to be honest, I kind of wanted to. As for my makeup, I wanted some touch ups to cover up my acne scars nothing else.

It has been an hour since I finished my hair and makeup, I even put on the dress, it is a fit and flare type of dress, but the fit part is loose in order not to describe my figure. The color of it is this beautiful champagne/ white mix. I love it. As for the scarf. It has been tailored with the dress so it is the color of the undertone layer of the frock.

Now, I am waiting downstairs for Haitham to arrive. He is supposed to be coming with his mom, dad, Lara his sister, and Ismail his older brother who is bringing along his wife. Of course he is also going to pick the sheikh who is going to officiate our marriage.

I am so nervous, excited, and happy. I cannot show these emotions to my family though. I have a reputation to uphold. I am always the composed kid of the family and I have to stay this way. You know what, hold that thought. I think I hear a car being parked in our driveway, YA ELAHY!! He is here, he is here. Calm yourself woman, control your thoughts, more importantly control your blush please.