Chapter two

Assalamu Alaikum guys, I suck at author's notes. Lol. However, I want to know what do you all think about this story? Show me some love and support and enjoy reading ma work! It rhymes! ^.^

It has been 11 days since he left me standing in the kitchen wondering what happened. Sure, he tried to talk to me, to explain to me what I had heard but I cannot listen. It has been 11 days since I last left my room. I locked myself up in there too sad to actually talk to my family who was trying very hard to make me feel better. They witnessed what had happened, after Haitham... Even thinking of his name brought tears to my eyes. Ya Allah ease my pain, I am too weak for all of this. After he left, they all came to see what happened, apparently they also heard his revelation on the phone.

I snapped out of my mind when I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I mumbled a quiet "Come on in." And my mama came in. "Hey sweetie" she said. "How are you today?" She then added.

"Alhamdolillah better" I murmured. I kept my head low, my eyes focussed on my pajama pants. I was afraid that if I looked into her eyes, I would never stop crying. How can he do this to me? Does he have any ideas how humiliating this is?

To have your husband leave you the day of your katb-kitab only to go see his wife, who I had no knowledge about. I will never forgive him. He knows me, he knows how fragile I am, he knows that I hate lies.

"Minou, sweetie." Mom placed a hand on my shoulder, shaking me out of my trance. "Don't cry habibty." She said.

"Haitham calls everyday baby, he wants to explain himself. Don't you want to hear him out?" She asked me.

"No mama, I told you before, nothing will ever justify how he left that night." I spat angrily. I am not in my right mind. I know that. But how could I be?

I know that Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala does not burden a soul with more that it could handle. I also know that this is a part of the trial of dunya, another hardship that will pass by the grace of Allah. But I am too hurt. I didn't even get the chance to tell him that I loved him.

Rayhana told me that when he left in a hurry, he forgot to take the gift that he was supposed to give me with him. She placed the gift box on my desk. I keep on looking at it. And treacherous tears keep on escaping my eyes.

She keeps on telling me to give him the benefit of the doubt and talk to him. She even shared with me some of the issues that she suffered with her husband due to him always traveling for work. Nevertheless, they are madly in love Allahumma barik lahum. They got married 2 years ago, and saleem keeps our Rayhana very happy all the time. He always Talks to her through FaceTime and he brings her the best presents. In the meantime, she is preparing their house that they are going to move in as soon as he is back.

Apparently they all talked to Haitham, by All I mean baba and Amin, to figure out what happened, and if what he said is true. They all understood him afterwards but I just cannot listen to him or to my parents. I turned a deaf ear to all of them. So they are giving me time to process what has happened and to calm down.

Nobody came to talk to me after mama, and I was thankful. They just kept thrusting their heads through my door checking on me, and they brought me food to eat.

Later the next evening, baba came into my room and told me to just meet him and talk to him for Allah's sake and for his. He told me to give him a chance, and if I don't want to hear from him afterwards, he will get us divorced. And this word hurt me beyond understanding. I agreed because my father looked so distressed. I know that he was hurting for me and the fact that he told to give Haitham a chance, that means that whatever he did was not bad, right?

The day of the meeting came and I was an angry nervous wreck. I put on normal clothes for the first time in two weeks, by normal I mean something other than pjs. He was waiting downstairs for me. And it felt just like when he was waiting for me the day of our katb-kitab, only now I was possibly going to demand a divorce as soon as he explains himself or whatever.