Chapter eighteen

Asslamu Alaikum friends! Before you proceed make sure that y'all read surat Al kahf.
Enjoy the update and please please tell me what you think.

Voilà 👇🏽

"Woah.. what is going on? What happened?" Haitham asked, rushing to my side. He was with Lilo the whole time, he didn't witness what happened. I was still bawling loudly and I didn't want to talk so I just looked at him and shook my head no.

"Okay, you don't have to tell me now." He said. "Let's just get up from the floor, it is cold." He took my hands and we stood up, and headed to the couch.

I was pissed at the family, at baba for pressuring me to invite them and at me, for reacting that badly to her insults. I knew it was a bad idea to invite them.

"Do you want to talk right now?" He asked as I stopped crying and turned to sniffing.

"Lina?" I asked in a small voice about her.

"She is finally asleep, when your mother couldn't get her down, she asked for help, that is why I was in the room with her." He explained with a hint of apology that he wasn't there.

"It is okay. Thank you." I answered, giving his hand a squeeze.

"Tell me what happened." He urged me again.

"She accused me of adultery." I began, sneaking a look at Haitham who looked absolutely appalled by the idea.

"She said that she is our daughter, and when that didn't work out she said that I am raising your child." I said, huffing and playing with my fingers.

"That is ridiculous!" He exclaimed. "Why didn't you tell her the truth?" He asked, rubbing soothing circles on my hand.

"I don't owe anyone an explanation for what happened or how Lina ended up with us." It didn't feel right to have anyone intervene in what had happened. Yes they were family, but family doesn't accuse one of such horrendous stuff.

"She lost her right for an explanation the moment she said what she said." I hissed.

"You are right, I am sorry." He hugged me to his chest while patting my hijab clad head. "What do you want to do habibti?" He asked once I had calmed down.

"Do you mean right now or regarding the whole family feud thing?" I sniffed.

"Now." He mumbled, smiling at me.

"I want to sleep, perhaps my mood will be better in the morning." I answered.

"Well then go ahead. I will tidy things up here and join you momentarily." He kissed my forehead and headed towards where we were sitting.

I headed to our room and started to unpin my scarf while looking at Lilo sleeping peacefully in her cot. Glancing at the mirror, I found my kohl all over my face. Wow, what a look!

I took a makeup wipe and wiped as best as I could before I went to the bathroom and washed my face with my cleanser. I took Haitham's shirt, the one that he wore to sleep last night, needing the comfort of his smell. It was a dark grey Nike one that reached just to my mid thigh but as this one was form fitting, it clung to my curves a little bit. Well I don't think anyone will complain.

"I am going to sleep now." I shouted at Haitham, who was outside with a sleepy Lilo. I heard footsteps coming my way and then he appeared at the door.

"Tamam habibty. I will place Lina in her crib and join you right away." He smiled sweetly at me and I nodded before getting under my blanket.

Five minutes laters, my eyes fluttered when I felt the bed dip beside me. Haitham placed his arm on my waist and pulled me to him. I smiled in content and scooted closer, needing comfort.