Chapter Twenty Nine

Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatu Allah wa barakatuh!!
Speedy update? Who am I? Leave me your thoughts and enjoy this chapter!

"Haitham, can you rub my stomach?" I winced, feeling a sharp ache in my lower abdomen.

"Sure... are you feeling okay?" He asked, coming closer and placing his hand on my tummy. "Where does it hurt?"

"Lower, it just throbs. Feels heavy and achy... I don't know how to describe it." I lowered the hem of my pajama pants and rolled the Tshirt up.

"Do you want me to make you a warm beverage? Maybe that can soothe you a bit.." Haitham asked, rubbing his warm hand on my abdomen in a circular motion.

"Nah.. just stay here with me." I lowered my head on his shoulder and he instantly inched closer to support my weight.

"Do you think it is going to be a boy or a girl?" I whispered.

"What do You want to have?" Haitham asked instead.

"I would love a boy... granted that it is going to be harder for me to relate to his problems.. but a tiny mama's baby boy seems like heaven." I sighed, happy with this scenario.

"A boy certainly would be nice.. he won't be a threat to Lina... that if she gets the concept of jealousy at this age."

"That is right..."

"Um.. I am sorry.. I will just go back inside." Lara strutted as she lowered her eyes to the ground with her cheeks flushed. She was truly beautiful. She had long wavy brown hair that she currently had straightened, she was wearing shorts and a tank top with a gray cardigan on top and she had spongebob slippers. She looked so adorable!

"No, habibty.. it is okay. Haitham is just rubbing my cramps away." I replied a bit bashfully myself. I never show this kind of PDA in front of the family... in front of Amin, it was always awkward for me and I always refrained from PDA in front of Ray because her husband was constantly traveling.

"Yeah. Come sit down. I will go pray at the masjid." Haitham said, excusing himself to go pray Maghrib.

"So are you feeling okay?" Lara asked as she settled next to me on the couch.

"Yeah.. just ache-y and tired. Haitham was just trying to soothe me. So what is up with you?"

"Nothing... I am good..." she looked down, almost dejected.

"Oh yeah.. you seem perfect!" I chuckled, poking her. "Tell me what is going on?"

"You know, I want this... I want what you and Haitham have... it is just.. I am going to seem silly.." she shrugged.

"No, tell me please. I promise I am a good listener."

"I want someone to take care of me when I am tired, or sick or on my period and cramping..." she began sniffing. "You know, I have terrible PCOS... when I am too stressed, cysts rupture and I bleed.. or even if everything is okay, when I am on my period, I have excruciating cramps. I hurt so bad but no one understands.. Mom just believes that I have low pain tolerance and Ismail squirms when he hears anything that indicates that I am not a baby anymore.. when Haitham was living with us, he would make me hot tea and hand it to me silently..." she laughed. "It was like an unspoken agreement between us."

"At first he was a bit weird about it, he would get flustered. However, he is perfect now! Hardly ever cares and he is always supportive during my time." I chuckled. "Tell me, do you have anyone in mind? Someone that you would want to take care of you?" I brushed the subject of her and Amin lightly... So far, she hasn't explicitly said that she wants to pursue anything with him.