Chapter twenty three

Assalamu Alaikum people. We already established from the beginning that I suck at authors' notes.
This chapter is a continuous of the previous one like usual and I really hope you guys like it, cause I do😂 I just have few things to say before we get on with it.
1- Don't forget surat Al Kahf (check media) and salawat upon the prophet peace be upon him.
2- I realize that there is a difference in the way I wrote/ write some words. Elhamdolillah/ alhamdolillah for example. (Disregard the little stuff and Insha'Allah I will fix these little mistakes upon editing "if I did edit, no promises")
3- this is considered my first book/ story?The first that went that far too. So show me some love and constructive criticism is always welcome.
4- cheer me on because I am having trouble writing these days Heheh🙊. A lot on my mind (May Allah ease all of our hardships.)
5-please enjoy the chapter and tell me how do you like the book so far? Is it good? Bad? Opinions?🙌🏼

Voilà👇🏽

"I am really sorry for coming in unannounced like that..." she stuttered. "It is just that..." she cried harder.

I walked over to her and directed her to the couch while Haitham stood pretty surprised by the chairs.

"What happened sweety? Why are you crying like that? And where is saleem?" I asked in one breath. Seeing her like that, scared me like hell. Ya Allah Khayr.

"That is the problem, Saleem..." she breathed out before continuing with the crying.

"Haitham, would you mind giving us some privacy?" I asked my husband who looked ready to fly out of the living room in panic.

"No, it is okay. He can stay..." Rayhana interrupted before he had a chance to reply. "It is bad enough that I came without telling you guys and I might need advice from a fellow brother." She continued.

Haitham settled on the couch next to me and we waited for Ray to tell us what happened with her and Saleem. I assumed it was a fight, they always had nasty fights, despite Saleem being an awesome husband to her, he had a slight temper that he was working on.

"Please stop crying habibty and tell us, what is going on?" I pleaded, handing her the box of tissues.

"We had a terrible fight, and I didn't know where to go, so I came here. I did not want to face mama and baba now, especially that they might side with him." She began.

"What happened?" I prodded, anxiety was getting the better part of me. She needed to talk. Now.

"He wants to have children and I am not ready." She simply stated.

"That is it? Ya Allah ya Rayhana! I thought that you guys were done or something." I answered in a slight relief.

"Well we might as well be!" She retorted, glaring at me.

"Tell me the whole story, will you?"

"For as long as I can remember, Saleem wanted to have a baby, but I kept postponing this, saying that he is always travelling or that I am busy at work or a million other thing." She spoke in a haze.

"Okay..." I urged her to continue.

"A while ago we were at my in-laws and my mother in law started to talk about how we are nearing our fourth year as a married couple, without children and how she wanted to see some grandchildren. Usually we never really paid attention to her, Saleem used to make it up to me. But this time, it was different. When we went home, he started to talk about children and his need to be a father and it escalated quickly into a fight." She sniffed.

"Why don't you want children honey?" I asked her slowly. She eyed Haitham before wiping her eyes again.

"I could leave if you want me." Haitham offered, sensing her unsureness.