Chapter Twenty Five

Assalamu Alaikum beautiful people! Have a blessed Friday. Enjoy your new chapter, vote and comment. I want to hear from your readerssss!

A short chapter, the aftermath of the newsss. Don't forget to read surat Al Kahf before you delve into it. Enjoy.

Scared, nervous, sad and on the verge of a panic attack is exactly how I felt in the few minutes after Rayhana left me on the bathroom floor.

How can I be pregnant? This must be a false negative. I cannot have a baby now. This is not happening. This is a dream. No... A nightmare? Thoughts were swirling in my mind. Negative thoughts.

"Amina, are you okay? Can I come in?" Asked Haitham in a slight panic. What should I say to him? Should I tell him? Should I hide the news till I find out for sure?

Questions. Questions. Questions, and The only answer I could think of is that this is not real.

"Why are you not answering? What is going on?" Haitham asked, kneeling on the floor in front of me. When did he even enter? "Amina, you are scaring me. What is wrong honey?" He brought a hand to my face, the physical contact brought back my ability to speak. Or shriek.

"I don't know." I breathed out. I was still clutching the pregnancy test in my hand which was thankfully covered by the flare of my dress.

"Tell me what is wrong and please for Allah's sake take a deep breath." Haitham's calm voice grounded me in a way.

I took a deep breath and tried to summon every ounce of strength and Iman and anything that could make me accept the decree of Allah. It was a weak moment, we all have them.

I moved the hand that was clutching the pregnancy test from under the dress and I placed it in my lap. That was all that I could do at said moment.

"What is this?" Haitham asked, eyeing the pregnancy test clutched in my newly uncovered hand. "Is this yours?" He further questioned.

2-4 weeks pregnant it read. I nodded, tears streaming down my face. Frustration, anger and guilt was all I felt.

"Okay, and judging by how you are reacting, this is not happy news?" He half asked/ half concluded.

I nodded, tears never stopping.

"I know I am supposed to be considerate of how you are feeling, but I cannot help the joy coursing through me now." He beamed apologetically.

"You cannot possibly be happy about such a thing! How will I even manage? Lina is one year old for crying out loud! How do you expect me to raise two children under two? This is impossible." I bursted in anger.

"I do not expect anything from you Amina. You are thinking too far ahead habibti. Insha'Allah everything will work out just fine." He took my hand in his and gave it a soft squeeze. "I understand your worry, wallah I do. Let's just calm down for now and we will talk about this later."

"Easy for you to say that! You are not the one who is going to have his life flipped upside down. You are not the one with a ruined career or the one who is not going to fit in clothes. You are not the one who is going to stay up all night and barely have time to shower. Haitham you are not the one who is going to be constantly with two babies, trying to keep them alive and love them with all your might when you need to be loved." I croaked out, crying harder.

"Babe! Where is this coming from?" He exclaimed, coming closer and hugging me to his chest. "Please stop crying. You have not stopped crying since we got married, I am coming to think that I am the issue." He cracked a joke to ease the tension while planting small kisses in my still clad hijab head.