Chapter Twenty Eight

Assalamu Alaikum People!!! It has been so long!

Sorry😇

Enjoy this new chapter, excuse any mistakes and tell me what do you think!🤍

As we pulled into our driveway, Haitham was leaning on the hood of his car. As soon as Ameen stopped, he ran to my side, opened the door and leaned on one knee next to me. He took my face in his hands.

"Are you okay, habibty?" He asked worriedly, moving his thumb back and forth on my face. His eyes were searching my features.

"Yeah." I sniffed, tearing up a bit. "I was so scared." I uttered in a small voice. "I kept thinking about the baby, what would have happened.." I dragged, not wanting to clarify more.

"I know. I am sorry habibty. I will not leave you again. Khalass, I will work from home till further notice." He murmured, kissing my forehead and letting his lips linger there.

"No. That is not the solution. You have to go back to your work. Lara offered to stay with me and if she did not, I would have probably gone to my mom for a bit, just a couple of weeks." I placed my hands on his, squeezing.

"You cannot leave your home. I cannot stay without you!" He exclaimed, shaking his head no.

"Then Lara will stay for a while, granted your parents approve." I placed a kiss on his open palm before taking a hold of his hands in mine. "Don't worry habibi, I am okay now. Just a bit of cramping and blood. Nothing I have not experienced before." I chuckled trying to ease his mind.

"Did it hurt badly?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"A little bit yeah.. it was like a really intense period cramps with a very light flow.. if you get the drift ya3ni.."  I replied, shrugging my shoulders.

"I am sorry, habibty." He kissed my forehead again.

"Stop apologizing, it is fine. We should head inside now." I pointed to the door. Somewhere between Haitham's intense apologies and kisses, Ameen and Lara slipped out of the car to give us some privacy. Lara was sitting on the lawn with Lilo who was crawling around fisting some dirt and Ameen was making a phone call.

"Yeah you are probably right, can you walk on your own?" He asked, standing up to his full height.

"Yeah elhamdulillah. You go say hello to Ameen and Lara." I stood up and headed for the door. Lara got up from her crunched up position on the ground and gave her brother a hug before taking Lilo and strolling over to me. Haitham tapped Ameen on his shoulder, making him turn around and put his phone down as they exchanged a little man hug. I was positive that the events that unraveled today would earn Ameen some brownie points and make him go back to being Haitham's pal.

"How are you feeling now?" Lara asked, attempting to wipe Lilo's hand from the dirt.

"I am better elhamdulillah. There is still some light throbbing, but I am calmer now."

"Elhamdulillah.. uh.. about why I came.. I.. um.. I just wanted to talk to you about.. you know.." she was getting all flustered.

"I know habibty. Let's postpone this conversation. You will be staying with me for a while so We will have all the time in the world to talk about.. you know." I winked at her, making her turn even more red.

"Not cool, sis. Not cool." She mumbled, rolling her eyes.

"Do you have the keys?" I asked, getting tired and wanting to lay down.

"Um.. no. I think we left without taking them." She replied, ushering Haitham over to open the door for us.

"Sorry honey. I was just talking to Ameen. Come on in." He said, opening the door. "What do you want to do now?" He asked, removing his shoes and biding Ameen and Lara welcome.