Chapter eight

As a celebration of the term that I just finished Alhamdolillah, I decided to update a litte bit early and make an exception.

Enjoy guys!!!♥️

Waking up by a screaming baby is no fun. I glanced at the clock next to me, it was 2:00 am. I think the baby was hungry. Taking her in my arms and trying to hush her, I placed her for a second on the bed so I could put on the isdal and go downstairs to prepare her bottle.

It would have been smart If I had prepared it beforehand and placed it next to me, but it would have been cold. Technology must have something discovered to make this easier I thought hazily. I strolled downstairs trying to be as quiet as I can with a baby. There was light coming from the kitchen. Maybe they leave it open?

Nope. It was Haitham, he was boiling up water for the formula.

"She usually wakes up at this time." He said without turning to face me. "I would have taken her from you, but unfortunately I don't have what It takes." He added lightly trying to stifle a yawn.

"It is okay, I don't mind it." I replied, my voice heavy from sleep.

"Here you go." He handed me the bottle and kissed Lina's forehead. "I will be awake if you need anything." He added lightly and headed to the couch. I thanked him and took the now crying baby upstairs to feed her.

"Ya Allah this is exhausting." I said once she latched on me. She was eating greedily which made me smile at her little form. I was beyond the moon that I was benefiting the baby to be honest but that doesn't contradict my need to sleep. She took a little longer this time, sleeping and waking up on me and I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore as sleep creeped on me. I tried to fight but I lost.

I woke up a while later only to find Haitham tucking me in. What?

"Where is Lina?" I asked him fanatic.

"She is asleep." He said motioning for me to quiet down a bit.

"What happened?" I asked him rubbing my eyes and clutching the comforter closer.

"You fell asleep while feeding Lina, I knocked but no one answered so I came in and both of you were asleep so I took her from you so you could be able to sleep more comfortably." He said slowly, explaining what has happened. I mumbled an okay and let my eyes close again. The last thing I remember was someone kissing my temple and murmuring good night love.

The next time I woke up was at 6:00 but not because of a crying baby, it was someone stumbling and mumbling some curse words. I sat in bed and opened my bedside lamp to find Haitham looking like a deer caught in headlights.

"What are you doing?" I asked him slowly.

"I was just giving Lina her bottle, sorry I didn't mean to wake you." He mumbled apologetically.

"Why are you giving her a bottle, why didn't you wake me? Was she crying?" I asked him all at once. I was sure that if she cried I would have heard her.

"I have the baby monitor with me, so when I heard her get restless I made her the bottle and I came." He explained. "I didn't want to wake you, I am sure she could manage without the SNS just this once. Look, she is doing okay." He added motioning to the baby cradled to his chest. She looked like she was drinking from her bottle which was a good sign. Nevertheless, I felt like a terrible person!

"I am terrible, I am horrible, I am a failure of a mother figure." I said getting up and pacing the room. I mean what mother was I if I couldn't hear a crying baby? A bad one. I knew that I should've cut my self some slack, I was fairly new to all of this, but I couldn't shake the guilty feeling.