Chapter thirteen

Assalamu Alaikum peopleee!!! Ramadan Mubarak everyone. Hopefully you are all spending Ramdan happy and healthy.

Question: what do you do to increase your imane in this month?

Check the media section!!
I recommend you all to watch Imam Omar Suleiman series this Ramadan. It is about the prophet peace be upon him, it is awesome and the episodes are really short!♥️

Now the chapter⬇️

Lissa and Nada left soon after Leila's outburst claiming that they wanted to give me some privacy and peace to sort the mess out, but I knew that It was very awkward for them after the revelation.

I didn't call Haitham right away, I needed to think for a bit. What did she mean when she said that I stole her husband? Were they engaged before he met me? Was she telling the truth?

I had tens of questions popping in my mind and I had no answer to them but I needed some. Lilo kept me occupied after they left, she was a bit fussy unlike usual, so I just let her nurse for a while longer.

Haitham ended up calling me himself to check on us, I told him that my friends left in a clipped tone and he just replied that he will be back soon. I couldn't help myself but to be a little hostile towards him but I knew that I had to listen to him first before jumping to conclusion.

The phone ringing brought me out of my mind, it was Rayhana.

"Salam Ray." I saluted once I answered.

"Salam sis, how are you?" She asked about my well-being. It felt good, hearing her voice.

"I am good Elhamdolillah, you?" I lied. I wasn't okay.

"Clearly you are not fine, what is going on?" She urged me to tell her what was bothering me.

"Nothing, Lina is just giving me a hard time." It was true she was, but that wasn't the reason behind my foul mood.

"And Haitham is he okay?" She asked, clearly not convinced with what I have told her. I didn't want to talk with someone about the matter before I listened to him. Leila might be lying. I seriously hoped she was.

"Elhamdolillah he is also fine, in fact he just came, so I will talk to you later insha'Allah." I ended our conversation when I heard the door being shut closed.

"Assalamu Alaikum Minnie." Haitham greeted, coming forward and placing a kiss on each cheek, before he took the fussy baby from my arms.

"Wa Alaikum assalam Haitham." I greeted back as normally as I could. Another fact about me, I cannot hide my feelings. I wear everything on my face.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked, getting a closer look at my face. I didn't know how I looked at the moment but I could tell that I was not wearing a pleasant expression.

"I am fine." I said while walking away to retrieve some water from the kitchen. I needed to know how I was going to approach the matter.

"No, you are not. You walk away when you are angry, what is wrong?" He pressured, coming after me.

"Do you know Leila, my friend?" I asked, facing him. I placed the bottle of water on the counter and I concentrated on his face.

"How is that relevant...." Haitham trailed, trying to find how is that related to me being pissed at him.

"Humor me." I replied simply.

"Okay.. No I don't. But isn't she the one that couldn't make it? You said that." He asked me.