chapter 3

"Yes mom. I'm doing fine yes. No... I have a date today. No... no it's not a guy. Yes mom.."

Lisa had been on the phone with her mother for the past hour, her mom trying to squeeze as much detail as possible out of her new date. Chithip Manoban, a.k.a Chithip or Mrs. M as what Somi and Jisoo would call her when they are together at her parents place for dinner sometimes. Lisa had two very supportive and loving parents, she couldn't ask for more. Marco Manoban, her loving father was a great businessman and also a wonderful family man. Despite his busy schedules at work, he never missed her school plays, graduation, grand openings, and whatnot. He was always there. And he was always someone she could talk to whenever she had doubts going around in her mind.

Finally growing tired of holding the phone, Lisa places her phone down on the counter and turns on the loudspeaker. Lisa was painting one of her art pieces when her mother called and so happens that the painting was about Chaeyoung's green eyes that Lisa loved.

'Can't you at least tell your father and I who you are going out on a date with? Name at least.'

"Mom seriously?"

'Your father says if you don't give a name and a description of this girl, he would hunt you down and steal your cookies. His exact words. Oh and no chicken soup for you.'

"Hey not fair. Fine. It's the famous chef I told you about. The one who opened up a restaurant beside me. Chaeyoung Park."

Just then, Lisa heard her fathers laughter resonate in the background through the phone, her mother clearly laughing as well. Was it really that funny to date with Chaeyoung? I mean she was meeting with her later around 4 in the afternoon, clearly their schedules worked out that they had an off day. Plus, they had to close early the next day for they had the Gala Dinner to attend, and Lisa had already picked out a nice dress to use.

'So you finally decided to stop your shenanigans with her and finally call it a truce?'

"Yes mum. She's gorgeous and beautiful mum. And yes we called it a truce and I asked her out. Is that so hard to believe?"

'Oh I can tell. Your father did business with her parents couple of years ago. But tragically, they died in a car accident. Poor girl.' Lisa stopped painting for a moment. She did recall seeing something in the news about two big CEOs who died in a tragic car accident, killing three passengers and leaving the driver alive. Apparently there was another car coming and had crashed into their car. She didn't believe it was Chaeyoung's parents.

"It's a tragedy."

'Well, the poor girl must've had it tough. Your father says he approves of her being his future daughter in law since her parents were the nicest of people and Chaeyoung is adorably cute. She's a keeper Lisa.'

Lisa groaned. "Mom seriously. We haven't even made it to our first date yet. Plus, she still hates me for setting her on fire four years ago. I still she hated me that much to have disappeared off the radar for 3 years."

'Lisa honey. She didn't disappear for 3 years because of you setting her on fire. She had issues with herself. And I believe before you go asking me about what exactly is wrong with her, It isn't my story to tell.'

Lisa was intrigued. How is it her mother and her father know more about the woman she was going on a date with more than she knew? Then the realisation hit her that maybe perhaps her friends had found out something about her and because Lisa herself had been so caught up in her shenanigans with the girl, she had forgotten what it means to be involved with someone. To understand a person. And Lisa realized that maybe she was a dick after all.

"Alright, mum. I still can't believe dad knows her better than me."

'Hahaha... oh Lisa. Just be nice to her okay? Oooooh and bring her home to dinner one of these days. Your father and I want to meet our future daughter in law over a nice dinner. Oh, and I want to know the juicy details too.'