chapter 22

"Lisa... calm down. It's not Chaeyoung's fault she was met with Nayeon last night. Something must've spooked her and she didn't want anyone of us to worry. You can't blame her Lisa." Jisoo tried to reason.

"Chaeyoung is not picking up my calls, she is not home and she definitely must have been taken by Nayeon. Shit. I should have known. Fuck. Chaeyoung was off last night and this morning, looking like that was the last time she would ever see my face. Why couldn't she trust me enough to tell me?"

Lisa threw the book on the table in their apartment, Chaeyoung's favorite book across the floor, her eyes burning with tears.

"I believe I can answer that."

Lisa stops in her tracks, Jisoo and Jennie spun around to find FBI director Becca strolling in with two agents behind her. Lisa then realized that Becca knew about Chaeyoung's disappearance, and she was the answer to her question. Jisoo had spent all morning scrolling through the cameras in the alleyway, wanting to find out what had actually spooked Chaeyoung to not tell anyone about what happened. Lisa was only worried about her fiancé's safety. So when Becca walks in, somehow she gets the feeling Becca is the one to be blamed for this.

"Where is Chaeyoung?" Lisa demanded.

"Relax Lisa. She's safe in the car. I understand you're confused about the situation. But before I can let you see Chaeyoung and blame her for something she didn't do, hear me out. Nayeon had called me, asking for safe passage back to her home country in Korea, and we called her to intercept Chaeyoung last night in the alleyway, so that Seungri would think Nayeon is his loyal servant and that keeping tabs on her without us being blown wide open into his prying eyes."

"Let me get this straight... you made my fiancé lie to me, my friends, to cover up for your silly operations, using her as bait when shit could have gone wrong, causing my future wife to be hurt if it came to that." Lisa grew angrier by the minute.

"Trust me, Lisa. She is the only one who can stop Seungri. Nayeon has his location and we are going to take him down today. I do not want Chaeyoung hurt but it is the only way. So before you jump on Chaeyoung and scream at her, she was only doing what I asked her to. Even when Nayeon approached her last night, my men were watching her from the sidelines in case something went wrong. And when she met with Nayeon today, she had people watching her from the distance, and we have it covered."

Lisa's anger for Becca didn't dissipate, but for Chaeyoung it did. She knew her future wife was scared beyond recognition; she couldn't blame Chaeyoung. Becca on the other hand was sweating for she knew she had to take the fall. Chaeyoung hadn't told Lisa about her meeting with Nayeon the night before, and she knew Chaeyoung was afraid. It was only until she met with Chaeyoung and Nayeon did Chaeyoung explain the situation to Becca, that she knew her fiancé would be crazy enough to leave her and blame her for putting herself in danger. And Becca knew the solution to her problems. She could vouch for Chaeyoung, and tell Lisa a whole different story to ensure that Lisa wouldn't be mad. Becca had feelings for Chaeyoung no doubt, but she prayed no one had seen it despite the fact that she was engaged to the brunette in front of her. Turning to one of her men, she requested that they bring Chaeyoung and Nayeon up into the apartment so that they may talk.

"Why hide this from us?" Jisoo speaks up.

"We wanted a smooth operation, and by having Chaeyoung alone and vulnerable in Seungri's eyes, it would be easier for us to take him down. But at the insistence of your friend and boss, I think it's safe to say she didn't want to keep secrets from any of you. We told her that it would be risky, but the strong and compassionate woman that she is, she wanted you guys in on what's going on."

Jennie stood there, eyeing Becca up and down. Despite being the head of the FBI, she knew there was something more to Becca than she let on. The way she talked about Chaeyoung and how willing she had been to let her friends know that they were running a secret operation, she knew that Becca had certain feelings for her baby sister. And Jennie wasn't stupid. Jisoo and Lisa may not see it as that, but she knew full on that by doing a good deed, she thinks that she would be able to have Chaeyoung for herself. As the apartment doors swing open, Nayeon steps in first with an agent by her side, before Chaeyoung enters the apartment shortly behind.