chapter 24

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY JUST LEFT?"

"I'm sorry but I don't know where they are. They didn't say two words and they left down the street. By the time any of us were under control and getting things settled, my agents told me Lisa and Chaeyoung had left. We have no idea where they might be and we have no leads or resources to spare to find them. They seemed to want some space alone and that's all I can do." Becca states simply.

She was frustrated and hurt just as much as Jennie was right now. Their family members and friends sat in the living of the couple's shared apartment, yet none of them knew where they had disappeared to. For all they knew, they could have bought tickets and left the country. Everything happened so fast that Becca herself didn't know what to think or do. Chaeyoung would never love her. Even the hug they embraced earlier, it was nothing more than a thank you. Chaeyoung's heart belonged to Lisa. And it will always be. She had come to deliver the news to the rest of them, expecting the couple to be there, but she thought wrong. They left for somewhere else entirely. Chithip Manoban sighed, rubbing her face and leaning into her husband's arms, Jisoo was trying to calm Jennie down who was furious. Furious at Lisa, at Chaeyoung, at herself.

"Do you have any idea where they might have gone?" Becca asks.

"Well, obviously not. Lisa came back hell-bent on leaving and we are just as shocked as you are and clueless. Not only did she want to leave everyone including Chaeyoung, she took a 360-degree turn and went right back to find her, and now the two of them up and left. For all you know, they could have driven out of state." Chithip bites back.

"My apologies. I did not mean to intrude on this family issue at this time, but if they ever return, please let them know that I need their final statements whenever they do return. That's all I need from them." Becca says quietly before Jennie turns to look at her.

"You did something didn't you? I've seen the way you looked at my sister. Her heart will never belong to you." Jennie was fuming, and for some reason, Becca looked taken aback by Jennie's hostility.

Becca indeed caused Lisa to go ape shit mad, because she told her everything on what happened between Nayeon and Chaeyoung, and that was what ticked the Thai off. She had her own intentions to woo Chaeyoung, to be the one to care for her, being the hero of saving her life and taking care of her because of her infatuation with the pregnant blonde. Yet, she could never get close to even showing her affections to the blonde. Jennie was right. Chaeyoung will never be hers. The rest of the family and friends stare at her with questionable eyes, and Becca knew that as a sign to leave. She didn't need to face the wrath of the rest of the crew, and so she quietly turned on her heels and walked away, not bothering to close the door on the way out in fear that another sound could trigger an angry mob between them.

Chithip sat there and sighed, not understanding what was going on, her daughter's sudden change of heart, Chaeyoung and her taking off so suddenly, and with her being pregnant with so much stress, she didn't know what to think or do. Jennie was frustrated and pissed about everything, and Jisoo was having little to no effect on helping her calm down, Irene had stepped in to wrap her arms around Jennie and lifting her up to stop her from pacing around and making her cool down. Everyone was a mess. They were all tired, worried about their two friends, and furthermore, worried for the two unborn children in their mother's womb. Marco rubbed his eyes, tired as well and wanting to do so much more, but he himself didn't know the whereabouts of his own daughter. So much had happened in the last few months that now everything was at a full-blown mess, nobody knew what to do.

"LET ME GO, Irene!" Jennie shouted.

Chithip looked up at the struggling woman, and the next thing she saw was a slap across the face from Jisoo. Jennie stopped moving immediately, and the men in the room were already pouncing forward to grab Jisoo before she did anything else that was going to be stupid.