~HR~ #17

(Ctto: Art by XIPHYART)

Can I Be The One?

(Warning ❕: Really long chapter)

˜'"°º×Day 5: Last Day׺°"'˜

Omniscient

Soccer Field, 3 p.m

"Whoa, now that's a crowd out there." Yeri, one of Y/n's teammates, exclaimed as she saw a lot of audiences.

"Let's not get carried away. Just because a lot of people are watching doesn't mean we let our nerves get to us." Jeongyeon reminded.

When Y/n and Tzuyu looked outside from the locker room, they immediately searched for their friends and girlfriends. They spotted them holding a banner that read, 'Our GFs are the best!' Nayeon was screaming at the top of her lungs along with some of Y/n's classmates.

"Wow, can't believe Nayeon-unnie can scream that loud." Y/n only let out a chuckle at Tzuyu's comment.

Then, somehow the two players spotted a large banner that caught their eye. When they read what was written, they called out for Jeongyeon.

"What's the matter, you two?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Looks like Nayeon invited some people." Y/n gestured for Jeongyeon to come over. Confused by what she meant, she walked over to the younger ones to see what it was.

She was shocked and annoyed when she saw it.

It was a large banner with a picture of her and the captions that says, 'YOO ARE OUR NO. 1 CAPTAIN!' The people were all girls who were holding it and shouting, "YOO JEONGYEON! NO. 1!" over and over.

"Ugh," Jeongyeon groaned.

"I can't believe she snuck the whole fan club in the crowd," Tzuyu remarked.

"I'm gonna have a headache. I'll probably give one to that bunny-teeth grandma, too."

"Easy now, unnie." Y/n tried to ease down the annoyed captain. Her tone almost showed her serious and protective side.

"It seems that Jihyo-unnie won't be here." Tzuyu was a little sad to see that Jihyo wasn't there in the crowd.

"Yeah. Ji's gonna be busy for a while because she has to prepare the gym for tonight."

"Aren't you sad, unnie?" Y/n suddenly attacked Jeongyeon with the question.

Jeongyeon hesitated a little but answered Y/n's question nonetheless.

"Well, not that much. Besides, we're as busy as she is. So we need to focus on the game right now."

'Liar. You are. But you're too scared to even admit it.'

They all head out to the field as the crowd shouted louder than before. After them, their opponent team also came out to the field, smiling and waving toward the audience.

"Hey, you three~! It's about time I kick your ass right here and now." A girl, who is a little older than them, came toward them.

"Seulgi-sunbaenim, tone down the cursing. There are a lot of minors here," pointing out to the crowd and their teammates. "In addition to that, Jeongyeon-unnie's gonna get herself in trouble with the coach once more if they start shouting curse words."

"Please don't remind me of those times, Y/n." Jeongyeon groaned.

"Oh, sorry about that. I'll be careful with my words next time. Anyways, better give it your best, or else you're all going down today~!" Seulgi then ran back to her team.