~HR~ #2

It's Better This Way

Jeongyeon's POV

Another day of school. It's been three days since I hadn't gone to practice. That would be the same with Y/n. Both of us thought that maybe we could use some break.

I guess two days were enough for both of us.

The school bell rang, meaning classes are done. Before we could pack up our stuff, our professor reminded us about the homework that was due tomorrow. We all said yes and bid him goodbye after he dismissed us.

I already finished packing my stuff so I looked around to find Nayeon-unnie. Only to find her rushing outside the room. I followed outside and saw her running down the hallway.

'She probably wants to see Y/n. But wait, didn't her phone get confiscated this morning? So how can they meet up? Aish, whatever. It's not one of my concerns anyways.', my mind told me.

I wanted to follow her, but I remembered that I have to tell Coach Kyung-hoon about going back to practice tomorrow. I walked in the opposite direction.

As I was walking down the crowded hallway, I saw a girl carrying a stack of papers. It had 3 stacks of papers. I grinned to myself, knowing who it was.

I made my way toward her and cleared my throat. But with all the noise in the hallway, she didn't hear me.

"Do you need any help with that, Prez?" I said, loud enough for her to hear.

Her head appeared from behind the stack.

"Oh! Jeongyeon-unnie!", she exclaimed in surprise.

"Were you there the whole time? Sorry that I couldn't see from all these papers.", she said.

"That's okay, Jihyo. I just passed by, thinking if you need help with those."

"Oh! Of course, unnie. Thanks for the help."

I took 2 stacks of papers from her.

"Are you okay with that, unnie? I can take some papers from—" I stopped her from getting some.

"It's fine, Ji. I don't want you to have body pain from carrying heavy stuff."

"Are you sure?"

"Yup, I am certain."

She nodded her head in understanding.

"So to the council room, Prez?"

She giggled and nodded. She led the way and I followed behind.

While walking and talking with Jihyo, let me talk about my relationship with her. Nayeon, Jihyo, and I are best friends since middle school. Back then, we were called the 3Mix. Then high school came and we didn't hang out that many times.

Why? Because Nayeon has Y/n and Jihyo is the Student Council President and some others.

We both arrived in the council room. She put down the papers she was carrying and unlocked the doorknob. She opened the door and carried the papers inside.

I went inside and put the stack on her table. I looked and walked around the room, scanning every detail of the room and desks.

"Do you need something to drink, unnie? I can give you water.", she offered.

I shook my head and told her that it was fine. I stopped in front of a cabinet full of trophies and pictures. It was all the winning of the university.

"Hey, Jeongyeon-unnie.", Jihyo called out.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"I heard from Nayeon-unnie that you already have a crush on someone."

'Dang you, bunny-teeth grandma. I thought I COULD TRUST YOU!'