Chapter 5: Thoughts

"So? What did you think?" Shiki asks when leaving the gym, after changing.

Rebecca nods in approval. "It was very impressive. I liked to watch."

"You're welcome to come anytime." He says, drinking more water.

"What an honour to be invited." Rebecca says in a joking tone, giggling. Shiki's lip turns up on one side.

They start walking, side by side. Rebecca looked down, watching the way their shadows moved.

"You're different from what I expected." She says out of the blue, looking ahead.

Shiki turns his head to look at her. "What do you mean?"

Rebecca makes a small smile. "From the way you acted when making the deal, I totally thought you were one of those cocky, rude guys that think everyone likes them. But even then, something still told me you weren't. And you really aren't."

Shiki gives a laugh. "Yeah, that was an act. I was just trying to see what kind of person you were. I wouldn't agree with this if I didn't think you were a nice person, after all."

"And what kind of person am I?" Rebecca asks, watching him with her pretty blue eyes. The sun casted his orange shine upon her, making her glow. Shiki quickly looks away, before his face had some reaction.

"You're kind. You care about your fans. That's certainly different from what I expected."

"You had expectations of me?" Rebecca asks, surprised. "But you didn't know me."

"Well, not personally." Shiki explains. "But I saw some of your videos."

"You did?" Rebecca asks, suddenly nervous to know his opinion on her videos.

"Yeah. I don't think there's anyone in the school who hasn't watched them."

"What did you think?" She asks, trying to sound calm. The truth was that she hadn't much feedback from boys, so this was unknown territory.

"They were entertaining. Although I did think you sounded a bit superficial sometimes." He says directly.

"Superficial?" She asks, shocked. Did people think that of her?

"Well, not all the time." Shiki says, understanding he was charging into dangerous territory. "Just some sentences or ways of acting. For example, do you really need to get rid of chocolate? It's so good."

"It may give you health problems in the future, acne and adds to obesity. You shouldn't eat it."

"But it's so good!"

Rebecca sighs with a small smile. "It is, but that doesn't mean it makes good."

"Well, what about your image? An image that inspire others?" He asks, changing the subject.

"What's wrong with that?"

"Shouldn't it be an image that you feel confident in?" Shiki asks.

"Just how many videos have you seen?" Rebecca asks, getting a bit annoyed by his remarks. She knew perfectly well what she was saying.

"Some boys in my teams see your videos and I sometimes watch for a bit." He says, shrugging.

"Anyway," He continues, smiling at her. "People in real life are always different from what we see online."

Rebecca considered his words and decided to focus that he had said she was kind and nice. That warmed her heart, since she was not used to hear those things.

"Oh, right!" She exclaims, clapping her hands as she looks at the boy. "Are you free tomorrow?"

Shiki thinks for a second before shaking his head. "No, I was going to study since I'll be having exams. Why?"

"I was wondering if you would agree to make a video with me. But if you have to study..." She trails of, looking a bit disappointed.

"A video about what?" Shiki asks, curious.

"A couple's interview. You know, reading some questions online and answer them." She says, jumping a bit in her step.

"Why not?"

"But you said you have to study." Rebecca reminds him.

"Well, if we study together, I'm sure we can find the time."

"S-Study t-together?" Rebecca really couldn't help the stuttering in her voice and blushed a bit from embarrassment.

Shiki nods, grinning. "Yeah. I think it will be fun. Since it's Saturday, we'll have a lot of time."

Rebecca thinks for a few moments before nodding slowly. "Okay."

"Then tomorrow at my house... say at two pm?"

"Alright."

"It's a date, then!" He says cheerfully.

Rebecca blushes at the word and looks away to hide it. "R-Right."

She didn't see the smile at Shiki's lips by herreaction.