Chapter 7: The Girl From The Library

Next day Rebecca went to the library, one of her favourite places. And why? First, because it was full of books and second, because she seldom saw any acquaintances there.

She went as comfortably as she could, which also helped to disguise herself; for though she loved meeting fans and talk with them, she also liked to go outside without having to worry about being recognized. So, she went with her glasses (which she must preferred than lens), her hair tied up in high bun with a comfy sweater and loose pants. No one would say they were the same person and she knew that; for she had already met people from school and no one had looked twice at her.

She touched the familiar shelves, smiled at the familiar books. She went to the fantasy section and took her time while choosing a book. Finally she decided and about to go the librarian's desk when a soft voice spoke beside her.

"I'm sorry, but can you help me?"

Rebecca tensioned at once but still turned. Her eyes met a pretty girl with dark, purple hair, wearing traditional Japanese clothes. What an odd thing! But she looks beautiful. And then Rebecca's heart accelerated when she realized that girl was from her school.

"O-Of course. You can ask anything and I'll try to answer." She tried to sound calm but in her ears, she was failing.

The girl didn't seem to notice and smiled, grateful. Which only enhanced her natural beauty, in Rebecca's opinion.

"I was looking for the historic section with particular interest in the Japanese samurais. Since I see you here often, I thought you could perhaps know."

Rebecca's eyes widen at her words and the girl quickly covers her mouth. "I'm sorry! That was so blunt and I shouldn't have said that. But I always end up saying what I think." She bows as she apologizes.

"T-That's okay." I wish I was like that. "Anyway, I can help you. Follow me."

Rebecca led the girl to the History section and showed her the books related to the samurais. The girl's eyes twinkle as she clasps her hands, smiling at Rebecca. "Thank you very much! I deeply appreciate this."

Something in the polite manners made Rebecca smile and forget her earlier anxiety. She smiles as well, tilting her head. "It was my pleasure!"

The girl extends her hand. "My name is Homura, nice to meet you."

Rebecca only needed a second to compose herself before shaking the offered hand. "My name's Becky, nice to meet you!"

She hated to lie like this but she couldn't afford anyone finding out the truth. The girl didn't suspect anything, and the two parted ways.

What a nice person! Rebecca thought on the way home, holding the book close to her. Will I ever meet her again?

She would soon get her answer.

*

It was now Monday, and Rebecca sat on her desk during break time, Labilia across from her.

"Wow, Rebecca!" Labilia exclaims, her face excited as she looked at her phone. "You have got so many views on your new video."

Rebecca grins, proud. "I know! I never imagined I would get such a strong answer from my fans."

"It's more than that." Labilia scrolls on her phone, reading the comments. "Your fans were thirsty to some new Rebecca."

"And Shiki's answers were really good." Labilia continues. "If I didn't know, I would say he has a crush on you." She laughs at the thought.

"Yeah, I was truly surprised." Rebecca admits, ignoring the heat that had crept onto her cheeks from Labilia's words. "He improvised most of them but they turned out great."

"Well, maybe when your little deal is done, I will fetch him for myself!" Labilia smiles maliciously and her eyes twinkle from mischief.

Rebecca turns stiff at once and she felt her hands tremble slightly. A weight suddenly sat upon her heart. She tried her words to sound serious and firm as she said them: "What?"

"Well, not right away, of course." The blue haired girl says, shrugging as if it was obvious. "But if he was willing to make a deal with you, maybe I can get him to make one with me. After a proper amount of time, of course, I don't want people to think that I'm stealing anyone." She jolts up, looking up from her screen to meet Rebecca's eyes. "Speaking of that, have you two agreed on who breaks with whom?"

Rebecca, for some reason, was not liking this conversation at all and was getting a bit uncomfortable. She changed her position in her chair.

"I'll be the one breaking up with him."

"I see." Labilia nods. "Well, only the future will tell what I'll do."

Rebecca forced a smile. "I'm sure it will be great either way."

Her friend smiles as she moves her attention to the phone, leaving Rebecca with her thoughts.

*

"I want you to meet my friends!" Shiki says excitedly, during lunch break.

The B-cuber blinks her eyes, surprised with the sudden suggestion. "Why?"

"Couples introduce themselves to each other's friends. And I'm sure you'll like them."

Rebecca looks down, hesitant. "What have you told them about me?"

Shiki had shuffled his mouth with food. "Onry bhoog thigsj."

Rebecca giggles. "What?"

The boy gulps the food and smiles. "Only good things! They know who you are and that we are dating, nothing more."

"But what if..." She murmurs, fidgeting with her fingers. What if they don't like me?

"What?" Shiki asks, leaning in to hear better. "I didn't hear that."

Rebecca waves her hands, embarrassed. "N-Nothing! I would love to meet your friends!"

Shiki smiles brightly and that the doubts that clouded Rebecca's mind vanished in an instant. "Great! Then let's meet after the school activities, at the front gate!"

*

Rebecca waited for Shiki to get changed and accompanied him to the school gate. There, leaning against a tree, was a blond guy with the school uniform, arms crossed.

"Yo! Weisz!" Shiki calls as he waves his arm. He runs up to meet him and they greet each other with some friendship bump that amused Rebecca.

"Finally! Honestly, you take too long to get changed." He complains but his grin betrayed him.

Shiki laughs. "Well, practice ended later than usual."

Weisz eyes move to the girl beside Shiki. "Oh? So you are actually dating Rebecca?"

Shiki puffs out his cheeks as she crosses his cheeks. "I had told you." He mumbles.

"Well, one thing is saying, the other is seeing." The blond takes a few steps and looks down at Rebecca, smirking.

"Pleasure. My name's Weizs. I'm this idiot best friend." He says, pointing at Shiki who looked outraged.

"Who are you calling an idiot, you idiot?!"

"I'm Rebecca. It's very nice to meet you."

"So exactly did you see on him?" He asks, looking curious and suspicious.

"Where is Homura?" Shiki asks, quickly changing the subject, much to Rebecca's relief.

But his words rang something in her mind. Homura? Where have I heard that name?

"Sorry I'm late!" A voice calls, and all heads turn to see the girl running to meet them. She tripped on a rock and fell, but quickly rose. Both boys sigh as if used to this behaviour but Rebecca froze in the spot.

The girl from the library.

Next week there won't be an update, sorry!