Chapter 12: Robot Fair

So, I kinda forgot to upload yesterday, so... Yeah, sorry about that xD

"Sorry, Rebecca, I can't meet with you after school." Shiki apologizes, two days later, looking sad. They were having lunch together with Homura and Weisz.

"It's okay. But why?"

"I promised Pino I would take her to a robot fair that ends tomorrow. I forgot it and she's really looking forward to it, I can't disappoint her."

Rebecca shakes her head, smiling. She was glad he was so doting as a brother.

"You promised, of course I understand. Family is always first!" She giggles as takes another bite of her fish. "Pino must be really excited!"

Shiki smiles the way brothers do when they speak of their lovely sister. "Yeah, she is. She has always had this fascination for robots and I can't help but obey to her will."

"Wait, are you talking about that fair that's going on the square?" Weisz asks, pointing his fork full of meat at Shiki. Shiki nods. "I'm coming too, club related business."

"You just want to play with the robots, Weisz." Homura calmly says, looking at her plate. "Don't involve the other members."

"Excuse me?!" Weisz says, looking at Homura with a not-so-much threatening look. "Just so you know, we all voted to go!"

"Yeah, but isn't the club composed by like, two members?"

"It's a democracy! And that doesn't matter!"

The two of them continued bickering and Rebecca laughed softly, enjoying the moment. She caught Shiki gazing at her and, when their eyes met, he averted his gaze.

"Hey, I was wondering..." He starts, playing with his food. "Do you wanna come?"

Rebecca blinks, surprised by the invitation. "Me?"

"No, my grandmother." He jokes with a wink, causing the B-cuber to make a small smile.

"Well, I never went to one of those."

"It's going to be fun. We can battle with robots and everything. And we can make one of those vlogs for your channel!" He suggests, his eyes twinkling.

Rebecca's heart squeezes and she made an embarrassed expression and tried as best as she could not to sound rude. She didn't want to be unpleasant with Shiki. "Well, I could, but robots are so different from the content I usually post about, I'm not sure how my fans would react... They may not like it."

"What do you post about, Rebecca?" Homura asks, her attention back on the conversation.

"Hey, don't ignore me!" Weizs calls to her.

"It's usually about healthy lifestyles, outfits, make-up... That type of stuff."

"Woah, and you can make so many videos just about that?" Homura asks with an impressed expression plastered on her face. Rebecca noticed she had a grain of rice on her cheek and wiped it for her.

Well, actually, I want to make videos about other things I'm interested about but that's not gonna happen. This was what she wanted to tell but did not utter.

Instead she said: "Yeah!"

"Well, that's... wow. But..." Homura makes a thoughtful expression. "Why does different means necessarily bad?"

"Hmm?"

"I mean, yeah, it's a bit of-course of what you do, but that doesn't mean they won't like. Who knows, maybe they will enjoy it! People are always wanting to discover new sides of other people. How can you know when you haven't even tried?"