Chapter 26: Happy

"They loved it."

"W-What?"

"Well, of course some reactions were negative." Labilia says, handing her phone. "But most are positive, praising you for your confession. Your channel is growing by the minute."

Rebecca's eyes widen as she scrolls through the endless comments, more coming by the second.

'This was so unexpected but good! It kinda makes you look more achievable. I mean, you also have problems and such, but it never looked like it on the screen."

'God, I'm in tears! I had no idea you felt that way, I'm sorry if we pressured you into being someone you didn't want to be.'

'This just made me like you even more.'

'You have the confidence I want!"

'You inspired me. Now I'll work on myself, and be who I really want to be.'

The comments continued, so many Rebecca couldn't keep track of them. She felt overwhelmed, completely in shock by such the positive reactions her video had. She was prepared for chaos and hate... Not this.

She felt happiness and relief bubbling inside her, her feeling too strong to put into words. Tears emerged in the corner of her eyes and she couldn't help but smile.

"Now see the number of your subscribers." Labilia asks softly.

Rebecca frowns slightly at the request but does as she is told. Her eyes widen even more and she gasps, nearly letting go of the phone.

"O-O-One..." She stammered, hands trembling. She looks up at Labilia, her voice choked with emotion. "One m-million subscribers?!"

Labilia nods, her face gentle, voice soft. "Congratulations, Becky. You did it. You have 1 million subscribers on your channel."

"B-But... I still had at least 70000 to go before I posted. And I only posted the video 1 hour ago... How?"

"I guess people liked your frankness. It was refreshing to see such a supposed 'perfect'" Labilia makes quoting marks with her fingers. "person to actually have insecurities and let herself be vulnerable in front of so many."

Rebecca couldn't speak. A turmoil of emotions swirled in her, her heart beating too fast upon all the revelations. Achieving this number of subscribers had been a long standing dream for her as a B-cuber, and she had worked hard to it, to make her fans happy.

But to actually accomplish it, to actually have one million people liking her content and following her because they believed in her... Now, that was something overwhelming.

She felt happy tears streaming down her cheeks and she wiped them with a smile, but more kept on falling. She feels Labilia's arms wrapping around her, a safe place for her.

"I'm so, so grateful..." Rebecca murmurs, hugging back. "For everything. For my channel, for my family, for you, for Shiki, for everyone in my life who made this possible. I'm so, so glad."

"You should be. I can't believe you achieved one million subscribers before I did." Labilia says in a joking tone as she pulls away. "I'm so happy for you, Becky."

Rebecca smiles. She felt as if she could never stop smiling - so many good things had happened to her in a single day, making her feel light and free.

"Let's go meet with the others." Rebecca says, intertwining their arms. "Let's enjoy the festival!"

"Eh? With those people?"

Rebecca pokes her on the ribs. "I know you want to come along too so don't pretend, my dear."

Labilia makes a face as if she had been caught. She looks away, a blush of embarrassment creping onto her cheeks. "Well, I suppose it will be more fun with more people..."

Rebecca giggles as they start walking towards the stall the others were. "Oh, yeah, how did you know where to find me? There are so many people here."

"Because I know everything." She answers with a smirk.

Her friend gives her a look and Labilia sighs, scratching her cheek. "Your friend... That blonde guy... Weisz texted me saying that if I wanted to talk with you, you would be at that location."

"Weisz did?" Rebecca asks, surprised.

"Yes. He said you probably wanted some comfort from me since you had just exposed yourself to the world."

"Some comfort?"

"Or something along those lines." Labilia says, dismissing the subject.

The truth was that the moment she finished watching the video, she immediately texted Homura and Weisz, asking if they knew where Rebecca was, since nor she nor Shiki were answering their phones. They replied, telling her that they would later meet at the festival and that she was free to come. And so she did, going as fast as she could in her yukata, nearly disgracing her image.

But of course she wouldn't tell Rebecca that.

"Oi, Rebecca!" Shiki yells, waving his arm high so the girls could see him. They walked toward him, the atmosphere festive and warm.

"Everything okay?" He asks, eyeing their intertwined arms.

"More than okay!" She answers, smiling brightly again. "I-"

"Becky just reached on million subscribers!" Labilia interrupts, wanting to show off her friend.

Rebecca smiles, a bit embarrassed when all eyes fall on her, before her friends jumped onto her, congratulating her.

"Now you can also include me in your videos and tell I'm single, since you're so popular." Weisz tells with a smirk

Shiki, instead, waited they all pulled away before wrapping his arms around her waist, lifting her and twirling her in the air in his strong arms. Rebecca laughed as she held on.

"Congratulations! That's great, I'm so happy for you!" He says as he lowers her down onto his chest, kissing her cheek.

Someone coughs and the couple looks at Labilia.

"I think there is something you didn't tell me, Becky."

Rebecca makes an embarrassed smile as Shiki places her on the ground once more, intertwining their fingers.

As they moved on to enjoy the festival, and she watched herself surrounded friends and by the boy she loved, Rebecca truly felt thankful for everything.

*

"This is for you." Shiki says as he hands her a plush. It was a blue cat with white wings and a green pouch on its back.

"For me?" Rebecca asks, hugging it by her chest.

Shiki nods, wrapping an arm around her waist as they continued on walking. She blushes slightly.

"Yes. It isn't much but I wanted to offer you something today to congratulate you. I saw that on a stall and just thought it would be perfect for you."

"Thank you Shiki." Rebecca says sincerely, smiling brightly. "I love it!"

Shiki blushes upon her cuteness and looks away for her not to see. "I-It's nothing. Are you going to give it a name?" He asks, changing the subject.

"Hmm... Let me see... I know!" She says, eyes shining. "I'm going to name him with the feeling I got when I you came to me on the hill - his name is Happy!"

"Happy, huh?" Shiki says, savoring the name. He looks down and smiles. "It's perfect."

Rebecca leans on her head on his shoulder, the plush close to her under her arm.

She would treasure it forever.