Epilogue

-One Year Later-

"I can never stop thinking how beautiful the city lights are at night." Rebecca softly says, watching the thousands of bulbs illuminating the dark city in the horizon.

"It's dreamy, isn't it? Like out of a fairy tale." Shiki agrees, wrapping an arm around her waist as they leaned over the metal rail.

"This was the place where I first told you I loved you." Rebecca whispers, turning her head to face Shiki. He looks back, a smile spreading in his lips reaching his eyes. He places a hand on her cheek, caressing it as he rubs his nose with hers in a loving gesture.

"And where I told I loved you too."

He gives her a gentle kiss, savoring the peaceful atmosphere around them.

"One year ago my life changed." Rebecca says, gazing into his eyes. "Because of you. But it changed for the better. So much has happened since then." Her focus moved to the memories of what had happened in that year, of how she reached where she was.

She had created a new channel for the new content she wanted to make, as to not mix both channels with very different content. In that one she made book reviews, study routines, gave her opinion on various subjects, etc. But she continued to update the other one with the content she usually posted, and it still got very positive reaction on both channels.

Yes, it meant more work, but she was so happy to manage both her passions that she didn't mind at all. Her friends had also offered their help whenever she felt too overwhelmed to deal with everything by herself.

The new channel didn't receive as many views, as many likes, as many comments. But Rebecca was fine with it, just glad she got to share her tastes with the world. The comments always made her smile and sometimes reflect on something she hadn't realized earlier.

She was grateful.

But it hadn't been just that that had changed.

Both she and Shiki and her friends had taken their university exams and entered were they wanted.

The whole group wanted the same university, and they had all managed to be accepted. While Rebecca, because of her old channel, had decided to go to a design course, she now had decided to try and follow her childhood dream: to follow astronomy and study the stars.

Shiki had applied for a robotics course together with Weisz, and Homura went for physiotherapy. Labilia had chosen a designer course.

All were giving their best and loving so far.

"And to think we won't be celebrating this festival together next year." Shiki mumbles, pouting a bit. Rebecca smiles.

"Oh, come on, Shiki. You talk as if I'm the only one who will be gone."

"Well, no, but..." Shiki didn't know what to say so he closed his mouth.

Both would be studying abroad for 6 months next year: Rebecca would go for Massachusetts, and Shiki for California. Same country, but very far from each other. They would keep a long-distance relationship, but they would meet personally, of course.

"I'll never forget that day." Rebecca says, eyes eyeing the city again. "It was magical. I still remember every feeling, every anxiety and happiness. It's... somehow amazing."

"I'm glad to hear that." Shiki leans against Rebecca, whispering in her ear. "But you know? There's something you're forgetting."

"What is it?" Rebecca asks, curious, ignoring her ear getting hot.

Shiki smirks, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. "I never asked what I wanted in return for our deal."

"That's absurd, of course you ha-" Rebecca stops, her mind rummaging through all the memories they had shared together. And it was truth - he never had asked anything in return.

"Woah... It's true." Rebecca frowns slightly, surprised. Then she turns to him. " Then what do you want?"

"Oh, so the deal still stands?"

"Of course! It's timeless!"

Shiki's smirk turns into a smile for a moment. "That's what I like to hear!"

"Then..." He places his fingers under his chin, thinking. Then he snaps them, excited with an idea. "I know!" He leans his face to Rebecca's, the two of them very close, so close their breaths mixed. "Then how about you..." His eyes become softer as he slips something out of his pocket. "Accept this?"

Rebecca looks at the pendant Shiki held in his hand, her eyes widening with its beauty. It was simple - it was a waning moon, with some stars incrusted in it. But it was so like her, so pretty (and given by Shiki) that she found it one of the most beautiful things she had ever received.

"Shiki, I... I didn't buy anything." She said instead of answering his question, looking up to meet his eyes, feeling guilty.

He chuckles. "Don't worry about that. I just wanted to surprise you." He looks at the necklace again. "Can I?"

Rebecca smiles as she turns, pulling her hair aside. Shiki placed the necklace around her neck, the metal cold against her skin, in contrast to the warmth of his fingers, making her shiver.

She turned again, eyeing the pendant more closely. Under the moonlight it shone. "It's beautiful Shiki... Thank you, I loved it."

Shiki smiles in contentment. "I'm glad to hear it. But it's a set."

"A set?"

"Hmm." Shiki slips out from underneath his shirt another necklace, the thread like a rope, wrapped around his neck. He showed a sun. "These two parts fix together." He joined them, a perfect fit. "See? So when you're in America or just missing me," He winks. "You can look at the moon, and think that the other half is with someone who is thinking about you."

Rebecca couldn't speak, almost choking with emotion.

She thought back of everything that had happened between them. Of how they had met out of coincidence, how they made a deal and began to 'date'. She thought of everything she had learned from him, all the lessons and fun times, and of how much she was grateful to have him in her life. The sun was a perfect choice for him, because he had shed light on her life, changing it forever.

Rebecca feels tears in her eyes and Shiki panics upon seeing them. "W-What's wrong? Are you hurting somewhere?" He places his hands on her shoulders.

Rebecca giggles with his concern and wipes her tears. "No, no, it's not that. I was just thinking about everything that has happened so far, of everything we've been through. And I guess I got emotional."

Shiki smiles softly as he embraces her in his arms. Rebecca hugs him back, feeling safe and loved. As long she was on his arms, no problem seemed too big to overcome.

"But it isn't fair." She murmurs, pulling away with a small smile. "Your condition is for me to accept a gift? It should be something for yourself!"

Shiki laughs, touching his forehead to hers. They both blush slightly.

The stars were bright above them, the city illuminated in the horizon. Everything looked and felt perfect.

"I don't need anything, Rebecca. I have you. As long as you stay by my side and keep on loving me, I wish for nothing more."

Rebecca traces his jaw, memorizing his features for the future. She didn't want to forget this moment. Never.

She goes on her tip-toes, leaning closer to his face. Shiki smiles as he feels her lips brushing his.

"I think I can do that."

Ending this after chapter 166 is bittersweet.

I loved writing this story, and I hope you have had fun reading it as well! 

Thank you for all your comments and votes, they make me so happy! I hope we all continue to love this manga/anime, and suffer and smile together.

Xau!

PS: Feel free to check out my other books :)