Chapter 15: Shiki's Story

"Thank me?" Labilia repeats, amazed.

Shiki nods. "Rebecca told me you were the one who convinced to make that deal with me. And so I wanted to thank you." He explains before adding. "Thank you."

The blue-haired girl frowns. "But why are you thanking me?"

His face softens, a small smile on his lips. Labilia's eyes widen as she recalls a similar expression on her best friend's face when they had spoken about her feelings towards Shiki.

"Because if it weren't for you, I would never have gotten to know Rebecca. Our relationship would have stayed as simple strangers, nothing more. But because you had the deal idea..." His eyes sparkle. "I got to know a fantastic person! And I'm so happy I have Rebecca in my life!"

Labilia says nothing, studying Shiki. As the silence persisted, Shiki slowly got uncomfortable, starting to rock his knee back and forth.

Finally, Labilia sighs as she takes a few steps forward, closing the distance between them. Suddenly, she points a finger right at his face, her expression serious and firm.

"If you dare to hurt Rebecca," She threatens in a glacial tone, her eyes sharp. "If you make her cry or suffer... You'll have to face me and believe, you're not going to like it."

Shiki gulps, surprised by the sudden change. She must care a lot about Rebecca.

"Rebecca doesn't know the first thing about relationships. This is all new to her. Don't use her or give her false hope. You'll be a dead man of you do."

Shiki's face turn serious. "I would never hurt her on purpose. Never. I care about her too much." Their gazes meet. "I don't intend to give her false hope."

Labilia holds his gaze. "Don't play with her feelings. Despite what it seems, she's a sensitive girl."

"I know. I intend to treat her the best I can."

The atmosphere thickened as both of them stared each other hard. Labilia narrows her eyes before coming to a conclusion and letting her arms fall to her sides.

"She's dense as well." She says as starts walking towards the exit, her back facing him. "You may have to be more explicit about your feelings if you want anything to develop."

Shiki was about to talk when Labilia turns her head at the door, a smirk on her lips.

"And take a shower, you stink!"

*

"Are you not going to ask me what we were talking about?" Shiki asks as he walks side by side with Rebecca.

He had indeed taken a shower, and met with the girls at the school entrance. There they separated, Homura saying she would keep company to Labilia so she wouldn't be alone.

"I don't need your company!" Labilia replies.

"But then we can get to know each other. I'm sure it will be great!" Homura says as she drags her somewhere.

"Well, I'm sure that even if I did, you wouldn't say." Rebecca answers. "You asked me to step out after all."

"Well, yeah, it was embarrassing to say it in front of you."

Embarrassing? She was about to ask him more about that when Shiki sprints forward, recognizing the place they were in.

"We're here!" He calls and Rebecca walks faster to get to his side. Her eyes widen as the beauty.