Chapter 19: Honesty Is To Be Paid With Honesty

I'm sorry for the the irregularities of my updating schedule

Shiki remains silent, considering her words. Rebecca's heart beats wildly in her chest, her brain imagining a thousand reactions. But not a single one was good.

"I wanted you to be honest from the beginning." He finally says, his gaze hard on her. Her throat clenched. "Maybe it was selfish. Maybe it was too idealistic. People are often fake, after all. But I believe that when you treat someone a certain way, that person should treat you the same. So I was always honest with you, believing you would be the same with me." His fists curled, his voice constrained as if holding back tears. "But you were not. You don't believe people will like you for who you really are, and that amazes me. I didn't know you cared so much for a stranger's opinion that you go to the point of lying to everyone about yourself. And I... I can't be with someone who can't even be sincere with themselves."

Here they were, the words Rebecca wished with all her heart she wouldn't hear. She felt as if she was sinking, her body suddenly heavy.

"I-"

"I'm sorry, Rebecca." Shiki says soberly. "But I want us to break up."

I know it's a short one xD

I'll update again this week, don't worry!