Chapter 6: Study Date

This ended longer than I expected xD

Rebecca presses the bell and waits. Seconds after, she hears quick footsteps inside the house and the door opens.

A little girl surprised her, as she stood with the door open. "Hi?" Rebecca greets, unsure.

The girl smiles kindly. "Hello!"

Seconds pass with silence. Rebecca coughs. "This is Shiki's house, isn't it?"

"Oh, yes! You must be Rebecca right?" The girl nods. "He told me you were coming. Please, come in."

Rebecca takes of her shoes and enters, admiring the pretty house.

"My name is Pino. I'm Shiki's younger sister." The girl says, extending her hand.

Rebecca's eyes widen a bit before she smiles and shakes the small hand. "Hi. I'm... well, I guess I'm Shiki's g-girlfriend."

Pino's eyes twinkle. "Oh, I know! Yesterday he told us he had got a girlfriend! I never expected to meet you so soon, it's an honour." And she bows.

Rebecca waves her hands, embarrassed. "Please, don't be so formal."

Pino rises and smiles gently. "You seem a good person. I hope you take care of my brother, even if it's all fake!"

Rebecca's eyes widen slightly and her heart accelerates with worry. "W-What are you talking about?"

"My brother doesn't like lies. So, even though he's lying to everybody else, he can't lie to his family. So he told us the truth."

Rebecca stays silent, her mind a turmoil with all the scenarios this could have.

She feels a hand on her shoulder, patting it kindly. "Don't worry. I can keep secrets for my friends."

"Friends?" The word escaped Rebecca's lips with disbelief.

Pino smiles brightly, blushing a bit. "Of course! My brother's friends are my friends!"

Rebecca stands there for a few seconds, not knowing what to say. Then, a smile slowly crept to her lips and she looks at the little girl with fondness.

"I'm very happy we're friends, Pino."

"Rebecca? Is that you?" A male voice asks, and footsteps are hears as a figure appears a the top of the stairs.

"Hello, Shiki." She says, smiling.

He smiles as well. "Hi! I see that you've met my sister."

The older girl nods. "Yes. She's very nice." She says as she glances at Pino, who blushed.

"Well, my room is upstairs so we can go there." He says, gesturing her to climb the stairs.

"Y-Your room?" Rebecca stutters, feeling suddenly anxious.

Shiki goes down a few steps, cocking his head. "Yeah. Why?"

There was no way Rebecca would say she had never gone to a boy's room and watched too many dramas to know what sometimes happened in those divisions.

Pull yourself together, Rebecca! Shiki is not like those boys, he's respectful and kind! He would never try anything.

Even so, she couldn't help the slight shaking of her hands as she climbed the stairs. Saying goodbye to Pino, she followed Shiki to his room.

She didn't know what to expect so everything just surprised her. He had posters of some fantasy and sci-fi movies on the walls, shelves with books and mangas, a desk, a bed, everything very neat. Not even a single drop of dust.